Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

anyone using two match saverz

Don't know if anyone else saw it the other night on outdoor channel taran butler did a tips segment in one of the shows and he talked about running two match savers. The next day I ordered a second one lol. Is anyone else doing this or going to try it out. Give some examples of how its helped you in a stage.

Taran butler had one on each side. I think he said for empty start not have to use the main match saver and just having a extra round. He said its quicker than going to the belt no matter what if you need the extra round. I'm anxious as well to see what other have to say especially people that currently use two.

I'd like to see the double layout and how quick it is to load if one comes from the opposite of the gun as the loading port. I have on the right side and love it but can't imagine a second one anywhere on the gun. Now if its there to hold a shell and be a "kickstand" for the gun on table starts, thats an interesting concept....

Don't know if anyone else saw it the other night on outdoor channel taran butler did a tips segment in one of the shows and he talked about running two match savers. The next day I ordered a second one lol. Is anyone else doing this or going to try it out. Give some examples of how its helped you in a stage.

I have a Slide loc 2 pac from 3 gungear.com

I'm just a novice newb so I'm always freaked out about being short rounds when it comes to shotgun and one just ain't enough for me lol.

If you can't count or miss, more the merrier I say. It's saved me more than once.

Edited by muddywings

Ive been trying to find the video from the show to add a link and i want to watch again myself to help remember what he said. Cant find the video online.

Taran Tactical can you help with that. Or at least explain the points he made again on the forum.

Taran did some shotgun magic to my buddy Mike F's benelli, and it came back with two savers on it... I played with it, and liked it, so stuck another on my M1... It works very well when you have a few steps or more to the first shooting position:

photo_zps02a58cfb.jpg

Well my second match saver got to me just in time for my big match this weekend going to give it a try. I don't see it hurting anything that's for sure. I practiced a little but it seems easy enough not a high fumble factor and very fast. The only thing that is a littler awkward for me is that I strong hand quad load and I grab this one shell with my weak hand and throw it in like the old school weak hand loading style. I'm new to 3gun so that loading style is something I never learned, I started with load two and then quad load all strong hand. I want to learn to load every way in case I'm put in scenarios where a weak and load will be better.

post-53643-0-23169900-1403773705_thumb.j

If you are toying with the idea of 2, try the second one underneath, just in front of the port. Fastest tube load from the buzzer I have found.

I do use the Shooters Source OSS tapered and trimmed for better retention though. :)

I hadn't thought about a 2nd one for an extra shell load at the start. Might have to consider that. Most of our local matches don't prohibit holding shells in your hand before the start so if i'm needing an extra shell or two, they are in my hand from the buzzer. Neat idea for when that's not allowed though

Ive been trying to find the video from the show to add a link and i want to watch again myself to help remember what he said. Cant find the video online.

Taran Tactical can you help with that. Or at least explain the points he made again on the forum.

Once Taran gets back from Golden Bullet, I'll write out his thoughts on this thread.

If you are toying with the idea of 2, try the second one underneath, just in front of the port. Fastest tube load from the buzzer I have found.

I do use the Shooters Source OSS tapered and trimmed for better retention though. :)

so how does the OSS underneath not get in the way of load-2 or quads???

so how does the OSS underneath not get in the way of load-2 or quads???

It is far enough up I don't touch it. Might not work for everyone.

Does anyone have a picture of where they mounted the Matchsaver on a Remington Versamax? I'm ready to install, but would like to see what others did first.

Thanks!

I believe Mark from Carbon ARMS has some pictures. I know it is a little more involved on the VMax due to the shape.

It should have come with velcro to experiment with, and that would be my suggestion

Yeah play with a few different places. I haven't put one on my VM yet, but I have one I put on a pump gun. I made the mistake of installing it permanently before using it extensively in matches. Turns out where I mounted it is bad if you have to sling the gun... live and learn I guess, luckily it was a $20 forearm and not something more expensive.

• 6 months later...