Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nordic 18" very tight chamber?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can over think this till the Titanic docks, but the chamber in question is too "tight", polish, ream, or use a barrel stretcher (note: last one is a joke), but it is too tight for what he wants it to do.

Good point :)

Will factory ammo cycle, if so then its a big indicator that its your ammo. If sized cases will cycle into and out of the rifle then your cases are sized enough. If loaded rounds will not then its something with your seating or crimping process that's causing a problem. I had some ammo that did the same kind of thing, shot and cycled fine but was a pain to get a loaded round out of the run; I simply did not size the cases enough. I have also crimped too low and it causes the shoulders to bulge out on the cases. Its unlikely, but if you see rifleing marks on your bullets then they are seated too long. I have also seen where in the case that a two piece reamer is used, one for the chamber and the other the throat, that the second one never made it into the barrel so there was a chamber and no throat, not a good combo.

I don't have any factory ammo. I ran the gun at area 6 multi-gun match this weekend and only had one instance where I had a hard time getting a loaded round out at ULSC. The gun ran perfectly. The chamber is still very tight but being highly polished seems to help

Hey Paul, the only problem with the mop ona drill with ccompound, makes all dimensions larger....EXCEPT.... depth unless you really push down on the mop, and then you tend to round out all the dimensions that should be somewhat sharp. It is better to run a reamed in there even if it is a couple thou. or so......and just so you know, YOUR CHAMBER IS TOO TIGHT!!!