Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP XMD9/40 IDPA ESP magwell now available

Loves2Shoot

A little blue magwell action here. This is the 45acp 5.25 model I use as my CDP gun. I love this magwell. I can't wait to use it next week for Tuesday night pistol and then Washington State IDPA match saturday.

DSC04147.JPG

DSC04152.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to have a buddy that took one of the prize table at the WA State IDPA Championship earlier this month. He gave it to me cause he is a Glock guy. It also came with a couple of base pads. I like the fit and finish and it works really well. Thanks for letting me have the magwell and base pads Dre. Thanks for sponsoring the match Mr. Springer. Your support as well as all the other match sponsors is much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by buller01

I was lucky enough to have a buddy that took one of the prize table at the WA State IDPA Championship earlier this month. He gave it to me cause he is a Glock guy. It also came with a couple of base pads. I like the fit and finish and it works really well. Thanks for letting me have the magwell and base pads Dre. Thanks for sponsoring the match Mr. Springer. Your support as well as all the other match sponsors is much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

I ordered a couple more of the base pads like the ones that were included with the mag well. It is now my primary IDPA ESP gun with a 4.5 running as my back up. Can't wait to shoot the Idaho State match with it. If I didn't already have a mag well on my limited gun, I would defiantly give Mr. Springer's brass beast a try. Thanks again!!!!!!

Edited by buller01

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got these in last week, Finally had time to take off the excess materials from the large #3 backstrap. Took all of the commercial time from tonight's episode of Walking Dead and a little from Talking Dead to finish it. Feels good, it doesn't have any wiggle so I guess with the Allen screw screwed all the way in is how it's supposed to sit. I don't know when I'll be able to give it a match review due to a torn meniscus.

IMG_20141012_212428_zpsd343ee2b.jpg

Also, i forgot to add this. When I used the dremel to shave the materials off of my #3 backstrap, in addition to taking the materials from the bottom of the backstrap to make it even with the magwell, I had to radius cut the rear down a fair amount.

Take down the width of what's left of the bottom raised portion deeper, and the first recessed portion, than the recessed portion. You will remove the raised bottom portion and the first recessed portion. Here's a great MS Paint drawing using Mr. Springer's picture from page 1.

post-45720-0-96644100-1413768122_thumb.j

Edited by GreenDragon64