Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP XMD9/40 IDPA ESP magwell now available

Loves2Shoot

XDM 9/40 ESP magwells are CNC machined from aluminum and hard anodized for durablity. This magwell was specifically designed to fit the IDPA box. The ESP magwell has enough room for an easy fast reload but ergonomically designed to make it easy to get back to your grip without interfere from the magwell. The unique attachment method requires that you grind the backstrap even with the top of the magwell opening or purchase a prefit #2 backstrap. This is for full sized XDM 9mm and .40 frames only. It will work with the #1 backstrap with the basic bastrap modification also. For use with the #3 backstrap if you grind the back of the insert to fit the profile of the magwell.

And the red will go perfect with my red basepads... slowly the reds are starting to match. Just makes me sad when I have to drop one of the mags on the ground and stones scratch it up...

Scott, you continue to amaze me with your skills. Now lets talk 140mm pads, springs and followers...

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to ask: can these be used with the large backstrap due to my large hands? Any thoughts on how to modify the #3 backstrap?

You would need to reduce the bottom part of the backstrap to the same size of the #2 to the height of the magwell so that it can snap on and grind it flush with the bottom of the magwell. This can be done, but it takes some skill with a rotary tool.

Forgot to ask: can these be used with the large backstrap due to my large hands? Any thoughts on how to modify the #3 backstrap?

You would need to reduce the bottom part of the backstrap to the same size of the #2 to the height of the magwell so that it can snap on and grind it flush with the bottom of the magwell. This can be done, but it takes some skill with a rotary tool.

Thank you, sir. I'll be placing an order when mine is returned from Springfield.

I just ordered one for my XDM 5.25 45 model. I probably should have asked before but will it work with the small back strap once I file it down flush?

Side note: Thank you for offering a CDP magwell for the 45 model. I've been waiting for one for a while.

Edited by JesseM

• 2 weeks later...