Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LEARN me sumpin!

SD1

It's a great gun. No issues at all. It would be nice if it had the ACCU bushing but not having one saves you $350 and the gun is still plenty accurate. Is there a more specific question you have about this?

Also what is the primer height issue?

I am not aware of a primer height issue. Also, this gun ships with an extended firing pin which should make ignition more reliable even with reduced power mainsprings.

http://oakhillguns.com/cz-75-sp01-shadow-custom-2014-9mm-srts-91030.html

I don't have one, I have an Accu Shadow, but a friend just ordered on last night. Pretty much the same minus the bushing and rear HAJO sight

The max OAL I can load MG 124g JHP is 1.095"

I just got my AS a few weeks ago and no issues in the almost 1000rds through it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Quack

That is a great gun for a great price. You can always put a HAJO on later if you really want adjustable rear. As for the bushing....nice to have, not necessary. Save the money.

I'm very curious which store in Greenville has this gun though. Didn't think any of the rubes around here had any clue what a CZ is. Then again, you didn't say store, you just said local.

Accu is supposed to be more accurate.

Have read of some issues with the HAJO pin coming out. If I don't switch the sight out, I'll order small parts to have on hand.

I didn't know any pros and cons of the pistol vs a Accu.

What is a recommended option a Hajo or the Low pro sight?

Either will hit the 'a' zone or a small steel easily at 25 yards and beyond, the Accu just has the potential to do it with a smaller group size. They are both VERY nice guns with awesome triggers. The accu basically gets you a tighter interface between barrel and bushing with Accu-bushing. (edited/deleted item I was wrong about)

Biggest con to accu is if you feel that price difference is worth it to you for the upgrade in tighter grouping size, (edited/deleted item I was wrong about)

HAJO sight is a nice to easily get a height adjustable rear sight (if you want that) on a standard shadow, but it is taller, sitting more on top of slide. You can get LPA target sight option which is just about as low as fixed sight, but adjustable, it's just a custom sight cut to get when you order, or having it done later.

Edited by trgt

The accu basically gets you a tighter interface between barrel and bushing with Accu-bushing, as well as tighter fit between upper and lower as they are both milled to match each other very well.

Are you sure about that? The appear to come in as a SP01 Shadow, then get worked over.

ga4yvu2e.jpg

sazyguby.jpg

Edited by Quack

So a Shadow VS an ACCU Shadow is this:

ACCU Shadow is a standard Shadow that is reworked by CZC to have: (Off CZC website)

• *CZC Hajo Height Adjustable Rear Sight
  • *CZC 1.0mm Fiber Optic Front Sight
  • *CZC ACCU Stainless steel barrel bushing.
  • *CZC ACCU Stainless steel reverse plug.
  • *CZC SHORT reset trigger system CZC SRTS
  • CZ Custom SA DA Hammer & Main Spring

Drop in Pr B Short Reset / Swing forward Disconnector (NEW 2014)

Ext Firing Pin, Lighter Spring Pin Spring (NEW 2014)

• Stainless Steel Guide Rod
  • Tune Trigger Components (Reduces Single and Double action trigger pull)

• Install and Tune 13lb Main Spring and 11lb Recoil Spring
  • Re profile and Polish Disconnector and associated surfaces.

• Re Profile Slide Stop For Magazine release with Heavy / Long Bullets

• Thin Black Aluminum Grips

It does not have a slide that is milled to fit together I'm sorry to say. It starts life as a factory Shadow.

What does that mean? Well from everything I have found that means at 50 yards from a ransom rest the accuracy improves from a 5-6" group (Factory Shadow) to a 3" group, you get the short reset trigger which is pretty sick as far as the reset and pull distance, and You also have a unique gun.

I've got the 75 ACCU Lite, and it is by far the best gun I have ever shot. I was considering the standard Shadow, but I said screw it and went with the whole package. I have no regrets it is an awesome shooting gun, and by far more accurate than I could ever be.

Edited by Vanniek71

http://czcustom.com/shadowcustom2014blk.aspx

tell me about this pistol.

I have found one local for same price, has 50 pills the the pipe.

I have found these models on other sites.

Is there a issue with this gun?

I blame you guys for my interest cz

Thanks

Are you sure it's a 2014 model Shadow that you found locally? The 2014 models had one big change. They now come stock with the short reset disconnecter. This used to be a custom option. If the model is a 2013 or earlier, it will not have a short reset disconnector installed.

That is a great gun for a great price. You can always put a HAJO on later if you really want adjustable rear. As for the bushing....nice to have, not necessary. Save the money.

I'm very curious which store in Greenville has this gun though. Didn't think any of the rubes around here had any clue what a CZ is. Then again, you didn't say store, you just said local.

i talked to a few shops, i guess the issue is CZ wants a 6-8K initial buy in.

they feel the investment wont pay off..

fwiw

pulled the trigger.

credit card company happy.

me happy.

wife pissed.

who has a extra room.

She will get over it, and look at it this way, if she doesn't your shadow will do whatever you want without complaining!

And now you also know why I call mine my new girlfriend LOL

The accu basically gets you a tighter interface between barrel and bushing with Accu-bushing, as well as tighter fit between upper and lower as they are both milled to match each other very well.

Are you sure about that? The appear to come in as a SP01 Shadow, then get worked over.

ga4yvu2e.jpg

sazyguby.jpg

All, I stand corrected on the milling between slide and frame - I was wrong on that, sorry about that, thanks on the correction. I confused myself because I temporarily have too many CZs. There is milling on the CTS LS-B I have, but that was to fit a TS slide to Shadow frame. There also appears to be custom fitting between upper and lowers on the Czechmate, the uppers on two I have access to will not interchange with the lowers due to that fitting.

It's possible that when I first got the Accushadow that that slide wouldn't fit my other guns due to being to 'tight', not milled. But now that it's broken in a bit, and I just tried it, that slide and frame would interchange with another CZ75 Shadow Custom I have, so I was wrong to state that about the slide fit. I have no reason to want to mis-represent it, just trying to be helpful as an enthusiast. I've edited/deleted my assertion about that above.

Edited by trgt

All, I stand corrected on the milling between slide and frame - I was wrong on that, sorry about that, thanks on the correction. I confused myself because I temporarily have too many CZs. There is milling on the CTS LS-B I have, but that was to fit a TS slide to Shadow frame. There also appears to be custom fitting between upper and lowers on the Czechmate, the uppers on two I have access to will not interchange with the lowers due to that fitting.

It's possible that when I first got the Accushadow that that slide wouldn't fit my other guns due to being to 'tight', not milled. But now that it's broken in a bit, and I just tried it, that slide and frame would interchange with another CZ75 Shadow Custom I have, so I was wrong to state that about the slide fit. I have no reason to want to mis-represent it, just trying to be helpful as an enthusiast. I've edited/deleted my assertion about that above.

I was gonna say there is no milling done on my upper/lower and i just got it a few weeks ago.....

Now the CTS and the Czechmate I can see that being done to.

HAJO sight is a nice to easily get a height adjustable rear sight (if you want that) on a standard shadow, but it is taller, sitting more on top of slide. You can get LPA target sight option which is just about as low as fixed sight, but adjustable, it's just a custom sight cut to get when you order, or having it done later.

so the LPA Rear sight will work on SP01s??

its impossible to get CZC on the phone.

so the LPA Rear sight will work on SP01s??

its impossible to get CZC on the phone.

Slides needs to be milled for LPA