Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DIY: Eliminate pre-travel

Jayohee

Just buy a Vanek modified Glock trigger housing. It has over travel and pre travel adjustments and isn't a permanent modification like this one is.

Either would be production legal since they are internal.

Just buy a Vanek modified Glock trigger housing. It has over travel and pre travel adjustments and isn't a permanent modification like this one is.

Either would be production legal since they are internal.

^^THIS^^. No worries about dorking up the frame and if you don't like the feel, remove it.

How does pre-travel adjustment in a trigger housing work? I understand how over-travel adjustment can work...but not pre-travel (thought that had to be cared for at the trigger bar.)

I would never do this mod from the video. However you can bend the drop leg on the trigger bar forward some to remove pre-travel, simple mod and will only mess up a trigger bar if you mess it up. I've done this to several of my guns with good luck. I only remove a little so I don't have to trim or mess with the safeties, but it makes getting on the trigger a little easier I think. There was a thread on here that shows how this is done. I have some pictures somewhere too.

How does pre-travel adjustment in a trigger housing work? I understand how over-travel adjustment can work...but not pre-travel (thought that had to be cared for at the trigger bar.)

most folks offering pre & post travel reductions drill small holes in the front and back of the trigger housing and install small set screws. You adjust the screws to reduce the amount of travel of the cruciform in the housing. This reduces pre/post-travel.

Works well...haven't had any issues with mine in 1,000's of rounds.