Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

compensator advice for ar

Zeaken

• 1 month later...

I have the PWS TTO on my lightweight rifle (BCM 16" .625 profile, carbon handguard, RDS only, etc) and i get some muzzle dip with it. I think its too much compensator, not enough brake for this light weight setup. I'm actually in the process of building an even lighter setup with Balios lite receivers, Voodoo barrel, carbon tube, MFT stock and am looking for a different muzzle device this time around. Something more of a pure brake, less compensator. Am thinking something like the Taccom or Gas Hog might be able to mitigate recoil with the light weight better than the TTO without getting muzzle dip. the DR looks like it might have too much top porting and the seekins looks a bit too heavy for my goals. Any other options to investigate?

I have tried several comps and settled on the seekins. It worked better than all the others FOR MY SETUP! That cannot be emphasized enough. You will never find the perfect comp for you until you have tried a bunch of them on the rifle as it will be shot. Comps work, end of story. Which one works best for you? You decide. You will see it here on this forum time and time again from MarkCO as well as Patrick Kelley.

SPIKES DYNACOMP hands down!

So do you work for Spike's, or just have not tried any of the others?

:surprise:

I found that the Battle Comp and the Griffin both worked better than the Dynacomp. I wouldn't choose any of the three for a competition rifle.