Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

She finally came home

Vanniek71

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sold a Tanfo to get this. I'm sad cause Tanfos are awesome too.

But in the end I went with this because I can compete in 4 divisions with it (USPSA pros, lim, IDPA SSP,ESP) without changing anything other than adding a magwell.

I know it would be lim minor but it would be rare I shoot lim anyways.

Both great guns though.

Okay, I was confused because there is a new style 85 and an original 85. Thanks.

These are the new style 85's. I may get an old style and try it out too.

CZ75Triggers0688-800_zps4d31fcb0.jpg

CZ 75 SP-01 ... CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow (New 85 Combat - Recurve) ... CZ 85 Combat (Original)

This picture might help... I replaced the standard triggers in my CZ 75 SP-01 and CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow with the original CZ 85 Combat trigger (shown at the right in the above picture). Feels better to me...

I've heard if you don't like the "new 85c" (shadow trigger) Install the older style and usually you will love it.

I've got small hands so I may go to the old style and try it out. The SA is fine, the DA is a bit of a reach for me, but still doable.

I personally prefer then old style 85c trigger and have it on both my shadows. I have big hands, but the thin trigger on the newer shadows is just not comfortable for me. the side can bite into your finger a bit.

Very nice CZ!

You should double check before shooting in USPSA Prod., I'm not seeing it on the approved list. Hate to see you show up to a major match and get booted. How would they even know the weight?

Again, nice gun.

Very nice CZ!

You should double check before shooting in USPSA Prod., I'm not seeing it on the approved list. Hate to see you show up to a major match and get booted. How would they even know the weight?

Again, nice gun.

I didn't even consider this but you are absolutely right. The only ACCU on the approved list is the SP01 model. Guess that makes the decision a bit easier for anyone looking to buy a Production Gun with the bushing. :blush:

CZ - CESKA ZBROJOVKA

CZ 75 PO7 Duty 9mm 3.8" barrel (27 oz.), CZ 75 SP01 Phantom 9mm (29 oz.), CZ P-09 (31 oz.), CZ100 (24 oz.), CZ100B (24 oz.), CZ2075 Rami 9mm & 40 S&W (25.5 oz.), CZ2075 Rami P 9mm & 40 S&W (23.5 oz.), CZ75 (34.3 oz.), CZ75 Compact 9mm (33 oz.), CZ75 P01 (27.2 oz.), CZ75 SemiCompact (33 oz.), CZ75 Shadow Black4.60" barrel (39 oz.), CZ75 Shadow Duo Tone 9mm (39 oz.), CZ75 Shadow T Black4.60" Barrel (40 oz.), CZ75 Shadow T Duo Tone 4.60" (40 oz.), CZ75 SP-01 (41.2 oz.), CZ75 SP-01 Accu-Shadow 4.6 barre (42 oz.), CZ75 SP-01 Shadow 9mm 4.72" (42 oz.), CZ75 SP-01 Tactical (41 oz.), CZ75 SP01 Shadow Target Black4.6 (42 oz.), CZ75 SP01 Shadow Target Duo 4.60 (42 oz.), CZ75B 9mm & 40 S&W (34.3 oz.), CZ75B Stainless (35.3 oz.), CZ75BD (34.3 oz.), CZ75D Compact (28.3 oz.), CZ85 (35.2 oz.), CZ85 Combat (35.2 oz.), CZ85B (35.2 oz.), CZ97B (40.8 oz.)

Various models also come with a 4.80in barrel, the added weight for these models is .176 ounces.

It would be ironic that this is legal in IDPA but not for USPSA....

I've got an email in to Stuart to see what the status is on legality.

If the SP01 ACCU is legal this has to be legal!

It would be ironic that this is legal in IDPA but not for USPSA....

I've got an email in to Stuart to see what the status is on legality.

If the SP01 ACCU is legal this has to be legal!

Not unless they have made 2,000 of them and submitted the paperwork to USPSA.

Ok so was reading the rules, and wonder if this makes the 75 ACCU legal?

The facts: The CZ 75 ACCU Shadow Lite is a 75 Shadow (which is on the approved list already) with a barrel bushing installed.

Appendix D4, 21.6 says:

Externally visible parts from "custom shop" guns will only be considered "OFM parts" if the custom

shop gun is on the NROI list of approved production guns.

So what I am getting at is the SP01 ACCU Shadow is on the approved list therefore making the bushing that is on the 75 ACCU a OFM part, which then would be legal to install on a gun for the production division. Since the 75 ACCU Shadow Lite is a 75 Shadow with this OFM part installed wouldn't it then be deemed legal and judged on the weight rules of the 75 Shadow that is on the production list?

Edited by Vanniek71

This line here it what will get you:

"UNLESS a modification is SPECIFICALLY authorized in the rules or SPECIFICALLY authorized in an official, published NROI interpretation, it is considered a PROHIBITED MODIFICATION."

I wouldn't expect in to be an issue at local club matches and even at larger matches it would be hard for the average RO unless they were wearing their CZ underwear that day.

Hmm, but if it's a factory part on a factory gun then it should be allowable across all the platforms no?

Just asking not arguing it.

I have an email in to Stuart he is going to talk to Angus when he can about the guns status.

IMO it would be silly if the SP01 ACCU is legal and the 75 ACCU wouldn't be. I know you gotta go through the hoops, but that's like calling an apple an apple, they are just different kinds!

Ok so was reading the rules, and wonder if this makes the 75 ACCU legal?

The facts: The CZ 75 ACCU Shadow Lite is a 75 Shadow (which is on the approved list already) with a barrel bushing installed.

Appendix D4, 21.6 says:

Externally visible parts from "custom shop" guns will only be considered "OFM parts" if the custom

shop gun is on the NROI list of approved production guns.

So what I am getting at is the SP01 ACCU Shadow is on the approved list therefore making the bushing that is on the 75 ACCU a OFM part, which then would be legal to install on a gun for the production division. Since the 75 ACCU Shadow Lite is a 75 Shadow with this OFM part installed wouldn't it then be deemed legal and judged on the weight rules of the 75 Shadow that is on the production list?

I "think" your interpretation is correct for USPSA prod div. If it says you can use OFM parts on an approved gun. So the base gun (75 shadow) is approved. The barrel bush is fitted to another approved gun (SPO1 Accu Shad). That (as far as I can read this rule) makes it an OFM part. If that's the case then as an OFM part it can be fitted to another approved gun. So your 75 shad with accu bush is just an approved gun (75 shad) with an approved OFM part fitted (CZC accu bush). makes sense to me.