Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 durability

cnote

Anyone have any negative experiences running an open gun with popple holes and a RTS2 ( w/blast shield).

I searched and found differing opinions inside misc threads, so wanted to start a thread just on this topic

I run one on my super with a 4 port hybricomp barrel

My first one lasted about 400 rounds before it developed an irritating habit of turning off during a string

C-more replaced it with a new one, I did the o-ring mod, and it's running fine so far

But I still got my old side-more set up in the safe just in case

a close shooting buddy has 2 of them on open guns... 90 degree mount... he has experienced a lot of problems with them turning off during a stage.. he sent them back to C-More ... they said they were fixed... NOPE.. when he got them back and shot them... both turned off when shooting... I won't not buy one until they prove they have got the bugs worked out... by the way... he has to clean his lens after EACH stage..

I run an RTS2 on a cheeley mount with the blast shield, fullsize 38 supercomp gun with 2 popple holes and a cheeley comp. I did have to send it back to cmore for the o-ring fix because it would randomly shut off but they had it back to me within a week, they also said the next batch they make are going to have the new battery contacts so the problem should be fixed. I have about 2,500 rounds on mine after the o-ring fix and it has been flawless. I like it a lot better than a traditional cmore, it lightens the gun up a bit and gets the dot very low and close to the slide.

I run an RTS2 on a cheeley mount with the blast shield, fullsize 38 supercomp gun with 2 popple holes and a cheeley comp. I did have to send it back to cmore for the o-ring fix because it would randomly shut off but they had it back to me within a week, they also said the next batch they make are going to have the new battery contacts so the problem should be fixed. I have about 2,500 rounds on mine after the o-ring fix and it has been flawless.

Do you remember when you purchased yours or perhaps a manufacture date to comparing "batches " and how bad does the lens dirty up with whe people holes versus your older Cmore

I run an RTS2 on a cheeley mount with the blast shield, fullsize 38 supercomp gun with 2 popple holes and a cheeley comp. I did have to send it back to cmore for the o-ring fix because it would randomly shut off but they had it back to me within a week, they also said the next batch they make are going to have the new battery contacts so the problem should be fixed. I have about 2,500 rounds on mine after the o-ring fix and it has been flawless.

Do you remember when you purchased yours or perhaps a manufacture date to comparing "batches " and how bad does the lens dirty up with whe people holes versus your older Cmore

I got mine from shootersconnection.com about a month after they started carrying them so I'm sure it's an older one. Then lens stays just as clean as my old cmore I can't really tell a difference.

Any info on dot tracking on rts2 vs railway? A little off topic but I'm running a rmr07 on my open gun and was wondering if the larger(rts2 0.23" taller than rmr) make a big difference in dot tracking? Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Chris

Unfortunately I will be sending one of the two I have back for repair. The push button to dim the dot no longer works. Good news the rubber O ring fix worked but now this came up.

Gen III's are in the works. I have a good friend that told me today that he has by passed the digital switch and just pulls the battery. he has four of them that all shut off in a stage.