Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extreme DA trigger

joakim

Hi guys,

If anyone lays their hands (finger) on one of these, please write a review!

http://www.ericgrauffel.com/shop/product.php?id_product=266

I find it a bit funny that Tanfoglios website is totally void of any kind of description or selling argument for their products.

This is from facebook:

Question: What is the difference compared to the original DA trigger? Is it only the shape or also some difference in DA trigger pull?

Eric: Trigger pull won't change, but your feelings will. It is closer to a single action trigger, so very comfortable to shoot

I assume that the trigger needs to travel the same distance as the original trigger and everything else being equal (springs etc) I guess the trigger pull will not change. As it is 'drop in' im not sure if it will be a tighter fit either(?).

What do you think about the difference in shape compared to the original trigger? (I have not tried the SA, flat triggers).

BR

/J

Edited by joakim

Where is that one from?

This is an 'old style' CZ 85C trigger; while brand mixing is not Production legal I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who could tell the difference...

Production rules are stupid, that's why I shoot Open :devil:

Well I think with my small paws I don't need one , I really don't see the benefit of it, the curved trigger on my stock 2 makes it easy for me to get the first double actin shoot without stretching to far to reach for it , and is even better on single action very close to the frame. This could work for someone that prefers long triggers assuming the mechanics are the same it will not change the length of the over travel or pre travel the trigger bow will engage the sear same way just that the trigger shoe itself will be a bit forward from the frame that's all.

Not a big fan of flat triggers on pivot trigger systems like Tanfoglios , the curve on the trigger will force you a consistent finger position every time , with the flat one considering this is just a lever that pivots against the pin how you position you finger on the trigger could reflect different trigger pull/ different reset And yes coming of the holster you will get that trigger finger in different places no matter how much dry fire you do.The worst scenario is position finger to high on it , it will result in a horrible pull and certainly very strange reset.

It works perfect on strait pull triggers systems though like 1911 type ... just my 2cents

Edited by babo_al

it changes nothing except the shape of the trigger. as kneelingatlas pointed out it looks an awful lot like they copied the 85C original trigger shape. if you would like a bit less curve to the trigger then you'll like it. but don't expect anything magic from it. for those who must stay within production rules it's about the only trigger option we have.

Edited by BeerBaron

yeah that would be great. the stock II trigger on mine has a fair amount of side to side play. enough that to my mind it's almost dangerous.. but pushing it to one side you can very nearly get it out of the trigger guard on the other side. I can see how that might happen in a holster.

Made this copy/paste excercise of online pictures. The angles of the pictures are not the same but it looks like the Xtreme trigger is 5mm(?) forward compared to the Stock trigger.

It looks very much like the old CZ trigger that kneelingatlas posted pictures on. Do you have stuff laying around so you could do a side by side comparison between the stock and the CZ trigger?

With my big hands, I need it..

post-45364-0-69346300-1399621971_thumb.p

Edited by joakim

On Tanfoglio's website they said the trigger was ready for order on 05/12/2014 but I also saw something about 12/05/2014, maybe that's when they will be available is the end of the year? Not sure

On Tanfoglio's website they said the trigger was ready for order on 05/12/2014 but I also saw something about 12/05/2014, maybe that's when they will be available is the end of the year? Not sure

Silly American....that's how they write the date in other countries. 12/05/2014 is May 2014 in most places outside the US.

OH yeah, and I sooooo want this trigger. I hate the curved trigger on the S2. Will the new trigger make me shoot better, most likely not...but we're talking gun parts here folks....how many things do you bolt on a gun ACTUALLY make you shoot better? Be honest...not many!!

It's what we do...tinker and add expensive do-dads to our guns!!

You're correct CZ, I would like one myself and do I think it'll slingshot me to GM, prolly not but I do like the shape of the trigger vs. the curved trigger on my Stock II right now. Course who knows when these little gems will make it across the Atlantic to the states here, prolly 2017 :sick: