Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Newb From Washington

elago

Hello! Brand new to the forums. I am in Edmonds wa (20 mins north of Seattle) and have an unhealthy obsession with firearms. I'm trying to get into the 3 gun scene and am finding matches few and far between. I have discovered the marysville gun club though and will probably make my first attempt there soon. Currently, I own a Springfield XDS in 9mm as my edc, a gen 4 glock 19, a rainier arms ruc rev in 14.5" and a mossberg 930 spx. I hope the later 3 will get me started in 3 gun. With so many questions, I'm very glad to have joined this forum!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome! The Marysville matches have all been really good so far. You might also consider making the drive up to Custer, but it's a couple hours away. The matches there are also awesome.

Also, Black Diamond Gun Club down south is getting started with some 3gun stuff as well.

If you're looking for pistol matches our section's match schedule can be found at www.northwestsection.org. Also, if you're on Facebook we have a local shooter's group.

Thanks for the reply! All sound awesome and will check them out. After weeks of Google for local competitions, I realize I should've started here! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum. These forums have been such a help and as you will find are an invaluable asset full of information. On a side note:

I am moving up to Everett in a few days myself from Mesa, Arizona and plan on shooting any and all events up that way. I hope to see you at the matches up there!

Also check out the Washington USPSA facebook page for info on local matches as well. Once you're connected with a club or two, you will easily find people to let you know where the matches are happening. Many local matches as stated above but also some that take a little distance to drive.

In Ephrata, WA they have club level 3 Gun Nation matches, July 5 and Sept 6

Kitsap will have their Courage Classic again this year and Custer will have a Toys for Tots match at the end of the year.

There are larger major matches in Oregon and Idaho that are also within reason to attend, Northwest Multigun Challenge, Ironman, etc. There is no shortage of great matches to attend!

Welcome to the PNW lots of great shooting around here!

Here is a table I made awhile ago to track matches in Washington. I'm in Kennewick, so the drive times are from there, but visit the westside often so I wanted to know my options on certain weekend. Not sure if its all up to date, but its a good starting point:

Name City Distance Match Dates
Yakima Rifle & Pistol Association Steel Challenge Moxee, WA 86.6 mi, 1 hour 30 mins 1st Saturday of the Month

Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club USPSA Bremerton, WA 271 mi, 4 hours 40 mins 1st Sunday of the Month

Mason County Sportsman Association USPSA Shelton, WA 278 mi, 4 hours 51 mins 1st Sunday of the Month

Custer Sportsman Club USPSA Custer, WA 323 mi, 5 hours 26 mins 1st Sunday of the Month

Inland Northwest Action Shooters USPSA Spokane, WA 142 mi, 2 hours 24 mins 2nd Saturday of the Month

Albany Rifle and Pistol Club USPSA Shedd, OR 295 mi, 5 hours 18 mins 2nd Saturday of the Month

La Grande Rifle & Pistol Club USPSA La Grande, OR 117 mi, 2 hours 8 mins 2nd Sunday of the Month

Paul Bunyan Rifle & Sport USPSA Puyallup, WA 238 mi, 4 hours 2 mins 2nd Sunday of the Month

Eastern Washington Practical Shooters USPSA Benton City, WA 22.3 mi, 28 mins 3rd Sunday of the Month

Nampa Rod and Gun Club USPSA Nampa, ID 274 mi, 4 hours 53 mins 3rd Sunday of the Month

Marysville Rifle Club Practical Shooters IPSC Marysville, WA 254 mi, 4 hours 13 mins 3rd Sunday of the Month

Dundee Practical Shooters USPSA Dundee, OR 238 mi, 4 hours 22 mins 4th Saturday of the Month

Gem County Rod and Gun Club USPSA Emmett, ID 266 mi, 4 hours 46 mins 4th Saturday of the Month

Parma Rod and Gun Club USPSA Parma, ID 250 mi, 4 hours 24 mins 4th Saturday of the Month

Powder River Practical Shooters USPSA Baker City, OR 162 mi, 2 hours 56 mins4th Sunday of the Month

Renton Practical Shooters USPSA Renton, WA 228 mi, 3 hours 45 mins 4th Sunday of the Month

Yakima Rifle & Pistol Association USPSA Moxee, WA 86.6 mi, 1 hour 30 mins Last Sunday of the Month

Edited by Roons

There is also a good 3-gun match in September at the rattlesnake range in the Tri-cities if you ever make it over to the dry side of the state.

Do you have a link to this club and shoot?