Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DEPARTMENT STORE IDIOTS

mspingy

As an employee of K-Mart you are sometimes required to make storewide pages, e.g.,” I have a customer in hardware who needs assistance at the paint counter." One night a tentative female voice came over the intercom system with the following message: "I have a customer by the balls in toys who needs assistance."

Ouch! What kind of assistance?

Back in the day I used to amuse myself in various airports by having the operator page various people to the courtesy phones. My favorites were Eldridge Cleaver, Huey Newton, etc...

"Paging Eldridge Cleaver to the White Cour..t...es....y..............Phone."

I just loved the way the operators voice would trail off if they realized what they were saying.

Nolan

"Paging Eldridge Cleaver to the White Cour..t...es....y..............Phone."

ROFL

Years ago I worked in a "black" project at a defense contractor. A co-worker of mine loved to call into the bullpen area and ask for people to be paged.

My favorite one was

"Is there a Mr. Raff here? A Mr G. Raff? Paging a G. Raff?"

bg

Our techs used to call in to the receptionist and mess with her. They went through the typical Bill Gates, Larry Ellison requests but the all time hit was the page that went out for:::: Heywood Jablome :::::: there wasn't a dry eye in the house. She thought it was a visitor.

Stew

D.B. Cooper used to get a lot of pages at PDX.

My cousin up in Oregon is married to D. B. Cooper's brother! The FBI showed up at the Cooper's house in Dallas, Oregon immediately following the Hijacking. When they saw 8 year old Danny Boy Cooper in his 'jammies they decided he wasn't the hijacker.

Nolan