Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-Tech OWB Holsters

JohnnyD

I'm looking for a new holster for USPSA Production & IDPA SSP.

I was browsing Amazon and I saw this Blade-Tech holster, is there any different between this and the Blade-Tech's I see for almost double the price? I'm wondering if it's like a closeout type deal.

Amazon Link

I have a $25 Amazon Card, my Credit Card Rewards and Amazon Prime so this would be free.

Upgrading from a Blackhawk Serpa (don't want to mess with the lock in IDPA, have it temp disabled for USPSA)

Thanks

It would be for the XD. I don't believe you can even use the offset and drop for IDPA.

I really would like to keep the gun in the same spot even though the draw is different (in regards to moving the cover garment, having the gun several inches lower and farther out on the body would make things even different).

The Revolution line is the cheaper line.

Is it cheaper in the construction or the attachments it comes with? Looking online the actual holster part looks the same.

The Revolution line is injection molded plastic, the standard Bladetech's are formed Kydex.

Thanks FreeJersey, I might hold out then. I want to replace my whole current setup now that I'm getting more serious about the sports.

I'm still using the free XD Gear Mag Holders and my thick leather carry belt.

I might use my Amazon funds towards their competition belt, which I read is basically a rebranded CR Speed.

huge difference in rigidity between the injection molded plastic and actual kydex. spend for the kydex product, you'll save money over buying the revolution only to eventually dump it and then have to buy kydex anyway :)