Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1st Multigun Match this Saturday

bigarm

My wife and I are going to shoot our first multigun match Saturday. We are pretty excited, but pretty nervous also. New Versa Max didn't come in today. Darn! But we should have a lot of fun anyway. We have a cart we used for cowboy action shooting. It will look a little funny, but will be a lot better than carrying those guns all day, especially for us old people.

Yes jacketjoed we just registered at motel 6 in Hamilton. We will explore today and shoot tomorrow. We live in Big Arm about 17 miles north of Polson.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

We finished and had a great time! No Dq's either. There is one in Missoula next Sunday. Hope to go. Also hope new shotgun gets here. It would be nice to have a larger mag capacity.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The Hamilton club where we were today are having 3 this year I think and the Missoula club is holding one this year which is next week. I will have to check if any other clubs are since I will have time this summer.

Thanks for the tip. I will check them out. I am retiring in June so I will have time to travel to others. I found there are some in Spokane. Trying to convince my wife to go to one in May. My oldest son said he would meet us there as it is about halfway between us and him.

My wife and I are going to shoot our first multigun match Saturday. We are pretty excited, but pretty nervous also. New Versa Max didn't come in today. Darn! But we should have a lot of fun anyway. We have a cart we used for cowboy action shooting. It will look a little funny, but will be a lot better than carrying those guns all day, especially for us old people.

don't worry about the cowboy cart. I have seen a lot of them at 3g matches. In fact I think it's a badge of honor. I don't have one........ yet.

Doc Neeley,

Thanks for the invite. Sent you a pm. The cowboy cart did okay. I do think those 3 wheel ones with the pneumatic tires were probably easier, but this sure beat carrying everything!

Could be worse. I used my kid's double wide stroller last time. The gun racks on the sides got some strange looks.

That cart was great. Had me out looking at high end jogging strollers today. Wanted bigger wheels than you were pushing.

To the OP. I like reading stories like this and seeing couples at the matches. My gal is still warming up to the idea of 3gun. She is a relatively new shooter and wants more time on a couple platforms first.

Glad for you two!

Just got news that the multigun match scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled. Both my wife and I are disappointed. We were looking forward to it. However, there are two different USPSA matches this weekend, so we will go to one of those instead most likely.

I was at the Hamilton match too and also had a blast. The Boulder matches are always fun. Their range is larger so you can expect rifle targets out to 300 yards and bonus targets out to 500. They have been doing multigun matches for a while and have acquired all sorts of fun and evil targets. Stars, plate racks, propeller plate racks, spinners, dueling trees and whatever else they've invented this year.

Watch for one south of Spokane in September run by the Tri-Cities Shooting Association. Great match. It's at Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility near Benton City, Washington. Strong sponsors and good competition.

Last year we got chased off the last stage by a legitimate dust storm. Nothing like being bead blasted while trying to see a target at 250 yards!

Sendit