Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burkett 3GN-S?

Langenator

This came in my email from Predator Tactical:

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=dfa81f0d85ff110cdda7b4fb5&id=80b2163a00&e=c5e603974a

Some of their claims just made me shake my head..."World's First 3-Gun Competition Ready Shotgun?" Apparently they missed the Mossberg 930 JM and the Beretta 1301 Comp. And those are just two I can think of off the top of my head.

"Shotguns were always the most expensive and complicated part of a 3 gunner's kit.?" Seriously? My AR upper cost more than my whole shotgun, and that's after I got the thing Cerakoated a pretty color. (And I don't have a very expensive upper, either) And I know there are guys out there whose scope costs more than all three of my guns, combined.

For $995, pre-order price, that thing better be awesome.

As I posted in this forum earlier, I ordered one. I paid more than that for my M2 stock and then sent it to Benny for the required mods. If it runs, it's a steal at that price. Local gun shop wants $1100 for a stock Versa-Max tactical. l

They are more than awesome if you knew the R & D & testing that's gone into this & the results that have been recorded.

Please enlightening us. On which platform are they based?

This came in my email from Predator Tactical:

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=dfa81f0d85ff110cdda7b4fb5&id=80b2163a00&e=c5e603974a

Some of their claims just made me shake my head..."World's First 3-Gun Competition Ready Shotgun?" Apparently they missed the Mossberg 930 JM and the Beretta 1301 Comp. And those are just two I can think of off the top of my head.

"Shotguns were always the most expensive and complicated part of a 3 gunner's kit.?" Seriously? My AR upper cost more than my whole shotgun, and that's after I got the thing Cerakoated a pretty color. (And I don't have a very expensive upper, either) And I know there are guys out there whose scope costs more than all three of my guns, combined.

For $995, pre-order price, that thing better be awesome.

Still roughly $2000 cheaper than the Taran version :)

There Video with Matt, and Taran talking shotguns out there.In that video Matt a pears to be buying a higher end Taran. Taran does offers 2 levels of shotgun as he says something for every pocket book, but I would agree with T Bacus a Beretta 1301 would be my choice in this price range..

From talking with Matt....it is a gas gun (lighter recoil). the magazine tube is steel and one piece. Controls are pretty much Indentical to the M2/SLP style.

It should be on par in weight to an M2.

10 round tube......but I have a feeling that someone is going to be making a cap extension for it to get that to an 11 or 12 shot tube in short order.

I'm getting one.....may as well finally replace my M2 20 gauge and join the big dogs after 15+ years of shooting a 20.

I've been skeptical on guns made in Turkey.....some can be great for 3gun, others not....Matt went over there and talked with the manufacturer personally. And Matt has been playin the game allot longer than most people, he's got the experience along with the talent. This one has the features to make it great for 3 gun.

The proof will be in the near future....but it's gonna be solid.....I didn't even hesitate ordering one.

Tim

PS....as a base gun?? I'm gonna speak out of turn here, but it kinda reminded me of a Fiochi of about 8 years ago.....only without the stupid lifter lock, thin aluminum tube and aluminum recoil spring housing. I had a 626 that I ran for a number of years, then handed off to Cheryl Current and finally Jaden Rosener....old and worn, replaced the factory magazine tube with a steel one and it's still rockin. It's back in my possesion and I need to lengthen the stock now.....but I am sure i'll still have years of use out of it....Very solid.....super light.

I ordered one based on Matt's reputation. If it's as good as he thinks, it will be solid. With the upscale pistols he sells, I can't believe this would be a clunker. The fact he went to Turkey to seal the deal says alot as far as I'm concerned. We shall see...