Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

625 rear sight

PatJones

So I've been shooting with the bottom feeders in L10 with my 627 for the last two years. Now that we have 8-shot minor, I've traded into a 5" 625. I would have loved to have it last year but it'll be a fun break from counting to 8.

I'd like to swap out the sights that are on it for something taller, but I cant find a factory .160 high rear sight blade. Everywhere I look is out of stock. Do any of you know where a man might find one?

So I've been shooting with the bottom feeders in L10 with my 627 for the last two years. Now that we have 8-shot minor, I've traded into a 5" 625. I would have loved to have it last year but it'll be a fun break from counting to 8.

I'd like to swap out the sights that are on it for something taller, but I cant find a factory .160 high rear sight blade. Everywhere I look is out of stock. Do any of you know where a man might find one?

I've found that getting the sight blade kits from Brownells or Midway has been hit-or-miss for the past few years; I've had some luck signing up for "product arrival alerts"; it seems they come into stock every few months. Make sure you get the sight blade kit, not just the sight blade, unless you have an extra sight blade screw lying around.

Edited by johnmac

I've been looking at the Bowens too, but it doesn't appear to be avilable with a wider notch. My preference is for a .140 rear notch mated to a standard front.

Use the Bowen rear with one of Toolguys .100 wide fronts...

I've been looking at the Bowens too, but it doesn't appear to be avilable with a wider notch. My preference is for a .140 rear notch mated to a standard front.

Use the Bowen rear with one of Toolguys .100 wide fronts...

or just break out the file on the Bowen rear sight notch...

Pat if you still need 1 I have several take offs. PM me your address and I will drop 1 in the mail to you.

Stock rear sight .160 high blade.

I appreciate the offer, I found one at Jack First. Thanks.