Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm brass

JSkala

I use the brass exchange. Brass comes tumbled ready to load and is separated in sealed bags of 1000. Makes storage and setup easy. I just pounded out 5000 that I got a few weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a scrap yard nearby you may want to call them to see if they have brass for sale. Mine does and it's roughly $2.65/pound. You figure there are 115ish 9mm per pound so that's $26.50 per thousand, no tax, no waiting for shipping. What I would do is take a .40 caliber box (nab one out of the trash can from your local shooting range) and that way you can sort out all the other calibers quickly. That's what I do, I'll take a few 5 gallon buckets with me and sort the 9mm from the 9mm then dump everything else back in the 55gal drum they keep theirs in. I normally do a trade as I'm always going there getting rid of other recycled materials. There's a post on Youtube that shows the process of separating like what I just described.

You might try Colorado brass at www.coloradooncefiredbrass.com they have good prices, great customer service, fast shipping. If I remember correctly $118 for 2,750 9mm cases. Check em out. They have lots of different options. They mostly sell to commercial hand loaders.

I pickup all I can here too but sometimes there just isn't enough brass to keep the reloader fed lol. I had to breakdown and buy brass for The Brass Exchange which was by far the cheapest I could find at like $180 for 5k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk