Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Xtreme 9mm 10% off right now

SWThomas

Does price include shipping ?

I never ordered from them !

Yes. They always provide free shipping. It use to be pretty fast when they used USPS, but it's gotten slower since they switched to UPS. But it's free, so I can't complain.

Yes. They always provide free shipping. It use to be pretty fast when they used USPS, but it's gotten slower since they switched to UPS. But it's free, so I can't complain.

Yeah, any idea what's up with this? I can't imagine UPS being cheaper (used to have a business acct w/them), and indeed, it seems to take a week+ now coming to me East Coast..used to order on a Monday and usually get by Thursday.

Yeah, any idea what's up with this? I can't imagine UPS being cheaper (used to have a business acct w/them), and indeed, it seems to take a week+ now coming to me East Coast..used to order on a Monday and usually get by Thursday.

Other than cost savings I can't see why they made the switch. But it does take a little over a week to get my bullets now. But it's worth the wait.

For range/target use for 9mm in P30 and 38 super in WC supergrade, which ones should I order in 124 gr?

FP, RN, HP, or RNHPCB?

Thanks

All I've ever tried were their RN bullets. I liked them so much I haven't tried any other shapes. The RNHPCB are round nose heavy plate concave base. I'm not sure of any advantage over their regular bullets that justifies the additional $4 per 500.

I have shot about 25k of the 180gr RNFP in .40 over about the last 8-9 years. I love the Xtreme's plated bullets, thicker plating than Berry's and Raniers and seem less sensitive regarding how much crimp you can apply to them. I had not ordered from them in quite a while and very recently found that they were selling 223 FMJ's, which are jacketed, not plated. I decided to give them a try, so I ordered 500 along with a small pistol bullet order. I started casting pistol bullets and have been running my home cast bullets for all practice and some small local matches and reserving my plated stuff for larger matches, so my volume of plated bullet usage has been low since things got out of whack price wise over the last 3 years or so.

I was impressed by jacketed 223 bullets in the box. After watching intently for the last year to find hornady 55gr fmj on sale and in stock from Midwayusa, I thought it would be nice to have a 2nd go to bullet. in comparison, I think the xtreme's look better in the box, but have a slightly wider nose, which may effect their BC and overall performance out to 300 yards, but that is just a guess at this point. I have only started load development, but at 100 yards, my groups were identical to my Hornady 55fmj, only it printed 1" to the right of the Hornady's, but this was a plus for me, as that was where my 77gr Noslers are hitting. They are basically about $90 per 1k with shipping included, which is what I have been waiting to buy the Hornady's at, but then add shipping on top of it. If you go to the Xtreme Facebook page, that is where they list their discount codes and they pretty much have weekly sales of some sort, its not uncommon to have 5-10% off and looks like occasional 15-17% off codes. I ordered another 1k of the fmj's to try out a little more extensively as soon as the weather allows and the great thing is that they seem to always be in stock.

Its been nice to decide to buy rifle bullets, just get online and order 2 boxes and get them in a couple of days, instead of spending the day researching dozens of sites trying to find the best combo of in stock, purchase price and shipping to keep the cost under 110 per 1k, and ending up not ordering for weeks because prices are either jacked up or are backordered into next year.

with their 10% off coupon a few days ago, I ordered 1k of the 9mm 124gr and received them, shipped for $77.

Hey, Smokecloud. I was just wondering how you determined plate thickness. I've shot Ranier 115g almost exclusively (loaded up in bulk 2 years ago) and I've never shaved off any copper, but then again, I never thought to.

I just ordered 500 of the xtreme 147s to try out. I'm not expecting any issues with the plating, but I was just wondering for the sake of curiosity.

I have tried to call Xtreme for the last few days. I made a phone order on 27 Mar. No bullets and no charge to my credit card. I've called all the phone numbers they show and get 'full mailbox' of nothing but a ring. Great bullets. I need more. But they seem to have dropped off the phone system. Does anyone know what's going on?

Correction. I don't want to be an alarmist. I finally reached Xtreme by phone. Apparently they were overwhelmed with orders and their phone system couldn't handle it. Anyway, they told me my card was charged and the order was shipped today, even though the order was made on 27 Mar. I thought that was good business -- not charging the card until the order was shipped, even if they were delayed by an abundance of orders that just swamped their folks. I do love their bullets! The 147 grain .357 is a killer in .38 Spl (and in Long Colt for ICORE) And their .356 version has gotten me "Most Accurate" at my last three IDPA club matches. They shoot as well as my M&P 9mm will shoot.... and better than I can shoot!

Edited by GOF

band saw worked best. cut bullet in half and, goto clean cut area and measure with calipers. I have also smashed them with a hammer in an attempt to get a flake to come off, but that stuff is pretty malleable and seemed fused rather well with the lead. I have also tried to drill holes in them for a clean measuring area, but found that a good blade on the band saw provided the easiest results. I started wondering about thickness when I was shooting more of the .38 spcl stuff and using a roll crimp. If I used an aggressive crimp, I managed to cut through the plating on some recovered Raniers, I tried a box of Xtreme's (actually one of my first boxes) and even with an aggressive crimp, I was not finding any that were cut through to the lead. I started testing to see how thick the stuff was. That was about 8 years ago.

band saw worked best. cut bullet in half and, goto clean cut area and measure with calipers. I have also smashed them with a hammer in an attempt to get a flake to come off, but that stuff is pretty malleable and seemed fused rather well with the lead. I have also tried to drill holes in them for a clean measuring area, but found that a good blade on the band saw provided the easiest results. I started wondering about thickness when I was shooting more of the .38 spcl stuff and using a roll crimp. If I used an aggressive crimp, I managed to cut through the plating on some recovered Raniers, I tried a box of Xtreme's (actually one of my first boxes) and even with an aggressive crimp, I was not finding any that were cut through to the lead. I started testing to see how thick the stuff was. That was about 8 years ago.

Thanks. Are you using a taper crimp with semi pistols? I experimented with a 9mm Lee factory crimp die with 115g raniers, and even with the mouth sized well under SAMMI spec I never managed to crimp through the plate. It just made a deep pseudo-cannelure.

Edited by BitchinCamaro

yes, taper crimp with semi auto pistol, but very light crimp. Another way to see the thickness, is with some aggressive rifling on some revolvers, it will cut into the plating, but its usually not ever an issue with any semi auto barrels, the lands and grooves are pretty shallow.