Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5.5" sti eagle (compensated)

2o2ll

ok, i'm about to get an Sti Eagle 5.5" which is the compensated version hopefully today in a trade. Anyone have any personal experience with them? If so were you pleased with the pistol? How much are they currently worth? this one has the c-more red dot as well. it seems to be in great condition with a machined finish. thank you for your time! oh yeah, its 38Super

post-35284-0-07628500-1396033335_thumb.j

I thought the Eagle was only ever an iron sighted gun. I would have to assume that is an old model before STI came out with dedicated open guns, or it has been extensively modified. I've never seen those rear cocking serrations on an eagle. As long as everything is still reasonable tight, and you have shot and function checked it, you should be good to go. I'm sure others will chime in.

I thought the Eagle was only ever an iron sighted gun. I would have to assume that is an old model before STI came out with dedicated open guns, or it has been extensively modified. I've never seen those rear cocking serrations on an eagle. As long as everything is still reasonable tight, and you have shot and function checked it, you should be good to go. I'm sure others will chime in.

the guy said he recently replaced all the internals because he had FTE issues, come to find out it was due to him shooting low grain ammo lol

What's up with the slide stop?

Need an ice magwell,

whats wrong with the slide stop? is the hole in the frame too big??

It looks like it has a hole in the slide stop,where it goes into the frame

That is an old school custom 2 piece SS. It allows the slide stop itself to pivot on the pin without the pin pivoting. Not done much anymore.

ahh, thanks for sharing the knowledge sir

That's an old sti compgun, pre trubore

They used to 5 1/2" (5.5) threaded barrel and a Dawson comp

And from what I remember, they had eagle engraved on the slide

you are correct sir, do you know if its a nice pistol or not? also mines seems to have an accu rail installed. doesnt seem like its properly installed though lol

Sti didn't do accu-rails

There were only 4 shops that did it that I know of, and the only one that's still around that I know of is Doug Jones

A friend has a eagle 5.5, and it ran well, his had a hybricomp barrel, he did change out the comp later

Sti didn't do accu-rails

There were only 4 shops that did it that I know of, and the only one that's still around that I know of is Doug Jones

A friend has a eagle 5.5, and it ran well, his had a hybricomp barrel, he did change out the comp later

ahh i see i see, guy i got it from doesn't seem to know too much about the pistol. he did recently replace all internals with OEM parts though

• 2 weeks later...

Someone help please! Finally had some time to go shoot it and it is piercing holes thru the primer. Shell ejects and feeds next round but the second round does not detonate. Just get a flat splat with indentation in primer but no bang. Any idea what's the problem? Thanks for any help!

Get different ammo, do not shoot what you have. Sounds like primer flow and blow out from over pressure rounds or soft primers.

Try some fsctory first and see what happens then start loading with proper loading practices. Start with powder charges in the book and work up checking pressure signs and chrono as you go.

Buy small rifle primers.

Get different ammo, do not shoot what you have. Sounds like primer flow and blow out from over pressure rounds or soft primers.

Try some fsctory first and see what happens then start loading with proper loading practices. Start with powder charges in the book and work up checking pressure signs and chrono as you go.

Buy small rifle primers.

i fired the same ammo in my brazos and had 0 issues