Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Low mass bolt carriers ?

LIKE2SHOOT

• 1 month later...

JP.

Hold up a JP against ANY other BCG and the difference in quality is immediately apparent. It's not free, but it's in a class all by itself.

If you're to the point that you feel you need a lightened BCG, don't go half ass! You can't further lightened a half-lightened modified blank. Just pony up for the JP up front and you'll never have to worry if you paid more for less.

Edited by BitchinCamaro

JP all the way. Ditto on the quality differences. When you pick it up you know. The great thing about JP carriers is how easy they are to clean given the slickness. That alone is HUGE for me.

I use the JP, remember for the most benefit of a low mass setup you need to run an adjustable gas block and preferably a lighter weight buffer. If you want a poor man's version mill down a bcg, mill a set screw into your gas block and disassemble a carbine buffer and remove one weight and replace with something to fill the gap (delrin etc.). I wouldn't recommend that way at all but it's an option. Just pony up and buy the JP gas block, jp lmos buffer and SCS. I love my set-up.