Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Its drilling time

Merlin Orr

"The 338 Lapua will be cheaper, more effective, and vastly more entertaining."
No argument there. :lol: We could bring the lawyer as a bonus. Let him do some shooting... He could bring a couple of paralegals... Merlin could bring his friends... shred can bring the beer....... ;) I wanna see this.

• 2 months later...

Well, its a done deal. I did sign the paperwork yesterday. The land man moved the site again to the extreme corner of my property as far from my home as it can be located. Ended up getting double what was first offered along with a 30' wide rock road to my range from the bottom entry to my land and another road from my range to my shop building. The drill site/road guy said he would also give me 10 hours with his D 8 dozer and his operator.

There will be no compressor package and they agreed to use the minimal site size of less than three acres. I guess it could have been a lot worse. I did use some of the suggestions and tactics from the posts in this thread. I really believe it helped me during the negotiations.

I still feel screwed but I did force them to break out the Vaseline! ;)

They are moving in the site preparation equipment this weekend.

Is the Range still intact? :huh:  And if so, when is the match? ;)

Merlin's Annual Pass Gas Match! B)

Where any two shooters are gathered - it's ON!

Standing invitation to ALL BEers - Any time you are in TX between Dallas and Houston - come on down.... :D

Ok, how far from Columbia MO is your house, and is it on the way to Phoenix AZ.

About 1480 miles from Columbia MO to Phoenix AZ. If you drive you will go through OK City. It is an additional 475 miles to go to my home and FROM MY HOME to continue to Phoenix. IF you can do it come on and expect a TEXAS WELCOME! :D

When the christmas tree is up and the hole is flowing, find where the condensate tap is. There will be a tap somewhere as samples are taken periodically. Condensate is the liquid hydrocarbons that condense out of gas wells. Try running the condensate in your lawn mower or similiar small engine device mixed 50/50 with gasoline. If it works there then run it in your automobile mixed 50/50 with gasoline. You may have to adjust the mixture to get the proper anti-knock properties your auto requires.

How do I know this works? Lets just say an old Coonass piano player passed it on years ago when I was based offshore.

• 3 weeks later...

Part of the pad is shown. The land guy, as it turns out, lied to me (or was mistaken) about the distance from the pad to my range. They are actually INTO my gun range on one side - taking part of the berm down. I will lose about 15 or 20 feet of berm on one side. The good news is (after I had finished speaking to the hostage negotiator :P ) they agreed to enlarge the depth by 10 yards and width of the range by 5 yards. Due to the changes they are rerouting the access "road" through my woods to allow an easier way into the range. The guy doing the dirt work is a shooter - sporting clays - and very kool - says he will do anything within reason to make the situation less distasteful.

The good news is (after I had finished speaking to the hostage negotiator  :P ) they agreed to enlarge the depth by 10 yards and width of the range by 5 yards. Due to the changes they are rerouting the access "road" through my woods to allow an easier way into the range.

Well, bigger is better and a "road" is better than a cow path. As soon as they get all the ugly stuff done you can start the landscaping to hide the whole mess. I'll bring you some Aussie willow to plant on the perimeter. Takes very little water and grows like a weed.

geezer

Ya know, if you work this right you could wind up with one hell of a range.  Maybe a 3gun match.... And a sporting clays course...:D

Watching this, I've been hoping it would be a lemonade out of lemons situations. Looks like it has turned out that way. Maybe not as sweet as gramma's, but sweeter than it started out to be.

Ya know, if you work this right you could wind up with one hell of a range.  Maybe a 3gun match.... And a sporting clays course...:D

Watching this, I've been hoping it would be a lemonade out of lemons situations. Looks like it has turned out that way. Maybe not as sweet as gramma's, but sweeter than it started out to be.

Right! Today it looks like this....

post-2898-1111791610.jpg

post-2898-1111791731_thumb.jpg

Right! This is what it looks like today....