Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CCW 4rd caddy good for multigun starter?

balmo

Just finished our local multigun class and want to try out a multigun match. I just used a trap pouch for my multigun class. I am looking around for shell caddies. AP 4 shell or 4x4 shell caddy looks really nice buy very expensive. For the price of one AP 4rd caddy, I can get two CCW 4rd caddies which is very appealing. I would like to know if CCW caddy is okay enough to start multigun matches.

Also for those who have CCW caddy. Can you upgrade the belt leaf lock to tekloc in the future or do you have tho buy the one with tekloc already? Thanks.

I started with these also as a cheap intro.

I still think having a 4rnd caddy or two is good for some stages where one might want to keep the SG mounted and load a few, but the load 2 systems, such as the CA pinwheels are hard to beat, however the cost is much more. . .

I still use a couple on the really shotgun heavy stages. The currently manufactured ones from CCW have a universal bolt pattern on the back, so you can change mounting platforms. That was the big thing they were touting at SHOT this year. As long as you buy new, they should screw right on to the tekloks

Main thing with the load 2 is that it is not so easy unless your loading port is opened up. If you have an unmolested shotgun and you aren't sure you want to hack it up yet, weak hand is about the same difficulty. Load 2 and quads really need some receiver butchering from the get-go IMO

Thanks for the link! That sure looks to be a great deal for a starter like me.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191661

you could try a few of these from the classifieds

Yup, next local multi gun, I will just bring what I have which is a field pump 5+1. Right now I can practice loading 4 (simulating from a caddy), but cannot begin to think of starting load-2.

Main thing with the load 2 is that it is not so easy unless your loading port is opened up. If you have an unmolested shotgun and you aren't sure you want to hack it up yet, weak hand is about the same difficulty. Load 2 and quads really need some receiver butchering from the get-go IMO

One more thing the owner pointed out to me at the CCW booth- You can use the CCW caddies as mag pouches for your AR on stages that have more rifle and less shotgun. I tried it out and danged if he wasn't right! Worked like a charm, and saves a lot of accessory shifting between stages. Really slick idea!

Thanks for the link! That sure looks to be a great deal for a starter like me.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=191661

you could try a few of these from the classifieds

Yup, next local multi gun, I will just bring what I have which is a field pump 5+1. Right now I can practice loading 4 (simulating from a caddy), but cannot begin to think of starting load-2.

For me loading two is way easier than weak hand loading 4. I could never do that consistently with any kind of speed. Load 2 is faster and easier to learn. Quad loading is the current target for most. I see lots of used 4 shell caddies coming to the classifieds page as folks tradition to load 2 or 4. You should be able to get a great deal if that is what you want.