Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Czechmate mag question

SDM

A friend recently bought a czechmate. We were shooting yesterday and I had an idea. Could you use .40 mags to make a big stick? It seemed to run well using my .40 mags. I could only get twelve .40s in one of his 9mm mags. My thought is you add a lot of capacity by using the .40 mags. Gonna cost $100 plus the welding cost, but would be cool to have 30+ rounds.

A friend recently bought a czechmate. We were shooting yesterday and I had an idea. Could you use .40 mags to make a big stick? It seemed to run well using my .40 mags. I could only get twelve .40s in one of his 9mm mags. My thought is you add a lot of capacity by using the .40 mags. Gonna cost $100 plus the welding cost, but would be cool to have 30+ rounds.

You would have to do some tuneing to the .40 feed lips to get them to the 9mm dimensions. Then I would do some testing with a single mag to make sure the 9's don't bind in the wider mag. Shoot a few hundred rounds through it to be sure, that way you don't ruin two mags + the cost of welding.

But STI mags have similar dimples on their side so they must be their for a reason.

Edited by Czhase

I've been down this road... use 9mm mags.

In theory it makes sense, but in practice I didn't actually get more capacity and the feed lips would never stay where I bent them and rounds would fly out the top.

Give it a try, I could only get 23 rounds of 9 in my 141mm 40 mags, but I also get 23 in my 9 mags.

Thank you, I figured I wasn't the first to think about it. We had them all out in front of us and the idea came to me. I use a .40 sp01 mag in my 9 and thought the idea might carry over.

Sorry about the triple post thing. Something was hoping on with the forum this morning and I guess I hit the back button.

The big stick holds 30 reloadable with the ten coil spring, haven't had the stones to try it in a match to see how reliable it is though...

Ive had issues (FTFs) with the CZ Custom follower and spring kits, both in the 140mm and 170mm mags.

Edited by gose

The big stick holds 30 reloadable with the ten coil spring, haven't had the stones to try it in a match to see how reliable it is though...

Ive had issues (FTFs) with the CZ Custom follower and spring kits, both in the 140mm and 170mm mags.

Havent had the same experience. most of my kits are in SP01 mags and 75 mags.

what is failure?

No failures here. Running czc base pads and thei followers and spings... Gettin 29 big stick, 24 on the regular sticks... Had nose dives at first, but closed the tubes a little and opened the lips and all nose dives were gone

No failures here. Running czc base pads and thei followers and spings... Gettin 29 big stick, 24 on the regular sticks... Had nose dives at first, but closed the tubes a little and opened the lips and all nose dives were gone

Nose dive? Disappointing!

Sorry I couldn't resist.