Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass spots question and any tips for fast cleaning?

CZspeed

I left brass in my Lyman tumbler over the winter months and when I just looked at it there are brown spots all over. Should I retumble this or just start a new batch?

I thought I had plenty of ammo and/or clean brass but my shadow ate it all :( I have a match in the morning so I'm looking for any tips for a quick polish so I can start reloading ASAP

Thanks

If it is still in there with old media, I would just turn it on and let it run for 15 minutes or so. If you have any Dillon Polish or other polish (brasso may work) add a few tablespoons and a dryer anti static sheet. It should look like new...

Get a timer ($10 or so at Walmart) and tumble it for another 2hrs while ya not home.

I paid $12 for 4 timed outlets and 4 'regular' ones on a 'timed' power bar at a local Walmart.

Well, the thing is controlling my fish tanks' lights now (HA HA); and another 'single poo chotu-motu' is controlling my tumbler.

No, I'm not Desi.

Edited by CeeZer

The spots won't hurt anything. Sometimes a few cases just don't clean up as well as the rest. Does not mean they aren't clean.

Pretty counts though since it's the best way to tell if you have some stress fractures at the mouth. The dirt stays in the crack.

While at your match you may want to shine up some more...................for the shadow.