Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which LW BCG?

stre-tch

Getting all of my parts in and now I am stuck as to which low mass bcg to buy.

The list is:

JP rifles blackened LW bcg

Rubber city armory low mass bcg

Spikes tactical light weight bcg

Young mfg LW bcg

Seekins LW bcg.

Which would be better?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The JP and the Young's are the only two that have an increased surface area on the rails, which is important. The Seekins is good, but it is not a Low mass, it close to the commercial mass. The Youngs, you need the Ultra-Low mass to get close to the JP weight. These three carriers are all very good, but they do perform differently and have different purposes. If you want the performance benefits of a low-mass BCG, you really only have two quality choices, JP low mass and Youngs Ultra Low mass.

JP until the Boomfab titanium comes out later this month. I win the SE 3 Gun Championship with one and Keith Garcia just won the SE 3GN Regional with one.

19A3B85C-917A-4245-B1DE-1C06F71FF114-669

Which buffer are you pairing with that?

JP until the Boomfab titanium comes out later this month. I win the SE 3 Gun Championship with one and Keith Garcia just won the SE 3GN Regional with one.19A3B85C-917A-4245-B1DE-1C06F71FF114-669

Which buffer are you pairing with that?

JP low mass or a carbine. Or if you want to get crazy like the Taccom deal take the weights out of a carbine buffer. I run all rifle length low mass JP cause I use rifle length stocks.

Because it costs more? There are several paths to get to a lower reciprocating mass in an AR-15. However, not all paths are equal. Some paths will increase wear, some will not. Some require adjustable gas, some do not. Just make sure you understand what you are buying and how it will affect performance and durability before you plunk your money down.

Why is the titanium better than the jp?

Btw how much?

It's considerably lighter. I was able to turn my gas down a bunch. Sights literally don't move any more. It's a high end race part. It's not for everyone it is for everyone that wants the best money can buy.

Like Mark says you gotta know what your doing when you get into low mass internals and adjustable gas. You kinda have to learn the hard way too. I've had a couple of single shot rifle stages early on in matches when the temps dropped. It takes experimentation with every rifle setup to know where the edge of reliability and line of maximum performance is.

Of course you could just buy one to match your gold trigger too.

Not sure what MSRP will be yet but expect it to be a bit more than anything else currency on the market.

E9E1B174-42D8-4E11-8BF5-A5F0CEC17201_zps

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Does it come with the laser and night vision goggles too? I know most high-end tactical operators like to run cutting-edge race components in their duty weapons.

That kit is actually the owner of Boomfab's stuff. I just swiped it off of Facebook.

I don't own any high speed low drag ATAS kit. Mine is all competition gear. If the SHTF I'll be cold in the street in seconds not minutes.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Being from Florida and shooting last weekend in SC I learned about temperature drops and bolts that barely cycle in warm weather! Good thing I had lots of 77smk long range stuff that still cycled to complete the match with! Too bad it took a stage to figure it out! I highly recommend adjusting your gas and ammunition to 40 degree weather!!!!

EDIT: To answer the quesiton I like the JP it has been great but I am sure others also work well!

Jessie how much does the BoomerFab complete bcg weigh?

Edited by GM2B

Is the jp bolt worth the cost or would you go with a different brand?

If you are going to run a reduced mass system, I think their enhanced bolt is worth the cost.