Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Apeiro

prairiefire

I have a 9mm with a extreme grip on it and a Brazos fire control. Used primarily for 3 gun, awesome shooter. Best looking gun I own, came from Oak Hill and was only $300 more than a base Edge. Came with a Dawson FO sight and drilled tapped mag release.

I have a 9mm with a extreme grip on it and a Brazos fire control. Used primarily for 3 gun, awesome shooter. Best looking gun I own, came from Oak Hill and was only $300 more than a base Edge. Came with a Dawson FO sight and drilled tapped mag release.

That's a good deal considering it has an island barrel and is HC'd.

I was in the market for a Edge/Eagle for 3 gun. After seeing there pricing for the Apeiro, I couldn't resist. I payed just over 2300 shipped to my FFL. I added the grip and fire control afterwards. I can post some pics tomorrow if you want to see it.

Edited by Marv Z

I was in the market for a Edge/Eagle for 3 gun. After seeing there pricing for the Apeiro, I couldn't resist. I payed just over 2300 shipped to my FFL. I added the grip and fire control afterwards. I can post some pics tomorrow if you want to see it.

I do!

An Apiero is basically an Edge with hard chrome. Hard chrome on an Edge is a $300 option. A Tactical 5.0 is basically an Edge with a rail. Options, cost choice. I started with an Edge. It is a very nice gun. I think it shoots like a dull finished Apiero with front cocking serrations. :devil:

An Apiero is basically an Edge with hard chrome. Hard chrome on an Edge is a $300 option. A Tactical 5.0 is basically an Edge with a rail. Options, cost choice. I started with an Edge. It is a very nice gun. I think it shoots like a dull finished Apiero with front cocking serrations. :devil:

I haven't seen too many Edges with the Schuman sight tracker barrel. And I used to own a Edge. The Edge is a great gun, but the Apeiro is a step up for a number of reasons, not just the hard chrome.

I was looking at the Apiero .. but after talking so some that shoot completion that had owed one.. said they were not satisfied with one... soI bought an Edge... had a trigger job done on it & had it hard chromed... it will drive tacks...

My Edge was a Brazos HP Edge and it was a awesome shooter as most STI's are. For some reason at that time, I could never get comfortable with it. I ended up selling it. Turns out the problem was the big mouth magwell that Bob uses. It was pushing my hands up too far. As you can see with the pic I posted, I went to the big hands Dawson mag well and it works great for me. Gotta make the gun work for you. I wish I still had that Edge as they are a great gun.

I was looking at the Apiero .. but after talking so some that shoot completion that had owed one.. said they were not satisfied with one... soI bought an Edge... had a trigger job done on it & had it hard chromed... it will drive tacks...

You are thinking of an executive amigo.

Aperio is a sight tracker.

I am with MarkV (who I think for the gun I was going to order,:). I liked my 40 version so much that I got a 9mm version just for 3 gun. Again thanks Mark as it took me months to find another one. It shoots soooo flat and smooth. Even hollow points are easy to do double taps. I took it the the 3GN SE Regional and found myself blazing away better than I thought I ever could. Plan on getting an Akai custom version some day.

Yep, my bad. The Apiero is a stainless slide. I still class the guns into broad groups with custom features though. Pick what you like and shoot it. That perspective is subject to change and other opinions are valid. ;)

it's more the island barrel/sight tracker aspect of it that sets is apart from being 'just a hard chromed edge'. they are quite different. edge is a great gun too and are basically the go to gun in limited/standard class here in my country for a reason.