Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex Tactical Customer Service

fastlane604

It is excellent, in my experience. I ordered an Apex Tactical hard sear for my 5" 9mm Pro. Install was easy after watching the video. Over travel was reduced however my trigger pull did not meet my expectation. I kept the factory springs and the pull was virtually unchanged from the factory weight of 5.5 lbs. I called Apex and talked to Krystal Winter. She requested pictures for the Apex gunsmith to review. After picture receipt, I received a custom sear in 4 days that reduced my pull to just over 4 lbs which is exactly what I expected. I have no concerns about buying from Apex again. In fact, I have an Apex Ultimate Striker Block waiting on me to get up the nerve to drive out my rear sight.

I have a email with photos into them now for a striker problem. A tech picked up the phone on the first ring. I put their Forward Set trigger kit on a 5" C.O.R.E. with hard sear and USB, and my trigger pull was still 5.5 lb using their springs. I put the same thing on a 4.25" C.O.R.E. but kept the factory trigger spring and the pull is closer to 4 lb.

I have a email with photos into them now for a striker problem. A tech picked up the phone on the first ring. I put their Forward Set trigger kit on a 5" C.O.R.E. with hard sear and USB, and my trigger pull was still 5.5 lb using their springs. I put the same thing on a 4.25" C.O.R.E. but kept the factory trigger spring and the pull is closer to 4 lb.

Is your issue light strikes? Same thing happened with my 5" Core with the FSS. Evidently, S&W changed something very slightly and some of the FSS components are not within spec to that slight difference. It depends on when your pistol was built. We sent photos to them and they sent a replacement part. After that, I haven't had a single issue and I've fired off several thousands of rounds since then.

I've had only the BEST support from Apex!

Installed a FSS kit my full size 9 that's worked flawlessly since day one, so I got another kit for a 9c. The 9c was nothing but problems, light primer strikes, failure to reset, and tons of over travel. I called Apex and the team they went ABOVE AND BEYOND to get the 9c running properly. In the end I sent it in and they discovered it was an issue with the receiver molding, a stack up of tolerances and some flashing was causing the problems.

Supper support, awesome products!

My 2 cents.

I've had nothing but excellent support from Apex as my newer Pro had trigger issues due to changes S&W keep making. They did everthing possible to get it right and they did. My older 9L was just a strait drop in for a 2lb. 8oz trigger that is almost as crisp as a 1911. The newer is a little heavier @ aroung 3 lbs. but is just as crisp and has a slightly shorter reset.

These are some of the best guys I have ever spoken to. They have helped me with my M&P 9,M&P shield and 625. I would call them without any hesitation. I had a factory issue with my Shield, I called S&W and I felt like it was a useless call. I then called Apex and while talking to them, we figured out the problem. It was a factory issue, but the difference in talking to apex and S&W is night and day.

Agreed, actually had my first experience with them today. My apex trigger return spring broke yesterday gave them a call today and they are sending out a replacement at no cost to me.

Make sure it is not installed upside down when you get the replacement. It will break if it is. Installed upside down I broke one in a couple thousand rounds, installed properly I've got over 15,000 rounds on a spring and still going.

• 2 weeks later...

To follow up, I have two C.O.R.E. pistols, a 5" and a FS, and I have recently had to send both slides to Apex to fix some problems (not caused by any Apex parts). Their smith turned my slides around extremely fast and at a reasonable price (except maybe for the return shipping). I can't recommend them highly enough.