Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP-01 Shadow Target - Slide Lock

billypilgrim

The factory mag springs are weak, this is common. Replace them with the Wolff +10% springs and it should solve your problem.

Could you run 15% EX power springs in the 18rd mags? I've ran 10% in the 16rd's with great success.

If so might help if your thumbs are touching the release if the spring can over come it.

Was just going to chime in and say the same as the last post. Rami 75 slide stop, essentially a flush slide stop. Works much better for those of us who grip really high with the support hand. The meat of my left hand will hold the slide stop down, and occasionally still does even with this reduced slide stop.

Wow, I got so busy with work that I forgot to report back!

It ended up being the slide release. I slapped in the standard 75B slide release and it locks back without issues! My weapon hand thumb was barely touching the slide release on the extended slide release.

Apparently it doesn't take much pressure on the slide release to keep it from locking.

CZNEwSlideStop.jpg

http://czcustom.com/Slide-stop-CZ-75/85/Sp01-9mm.aspx

CZC recommends the slide stop linked above... Looks like a much shorter lever arm and a shorter "nub" to eliminate interferance between it and the bullet nose... Probably helpful on bullets with a wide ogive... 147 HP and FP...

Anybody tried one of these on a SP-01 or Shadow?

• 1 month later...

Reccomend changing to the thicker grips. Changing something so small will totally change where your hands are at and might end up fixing your issue with the slide stop. I personally run the custom aggressive checkered wide grips to get a better grip on the gun and keep my digits in what I think is a better position. If you are still having problems swap your slide stops around. I personally like the longer slide stop, but keep a short in my range bag as a spare.

Wow, I got so busy with work that I forgot to report back!

It ended up being the slide release. I slapped in the standard 75B slide release and it locks back without issues! My weapon hand thumb was barely touching the slide release on the extended slide release.

Apparently it doesn't take much pressure on the slide release to keep it from locking.

It seems like lots of folks have provided good data. I had that same problem with my G34 but it went away when I switched to an SP01 Shadow Target. The problem only occurred under the added stress of competition but it was all self inflicted due to my hand size and grip style. I'm using +15% springs from Brownells in my Shadow 18rnd mags which makes it require a little more pressure to induce the failure so you may want to look into that.

As for the slide stop itself, my CZC Shadow Target came from them with a reshaped and polished slide stop. The overall profile was reduced (measured along axis of the pin) and the surface that had the potential to come into contact with a large bullet was polished to a high shine. I'll grab some calipers and send the measurement at some point when I get a chance. I picked up a spare parts kit from CZ while they were available and have reshaped and polished all my spares to match the profile of the one i got with the gun from CZC. I can't imagine ever needing all 6 spares but thats what came with the kit so if you need one let me know and we can work something out.

• 4 years later...

It JUST had the same issue with my SP 01 and it’s my thumb certainly.  Even the slightest bit of pressure will keep it from locking on blowback after last round.  THE SLIGHTEST.  You can test it without a round in the chamber.  Put a little pressure on the lever and pulll slide back. It probably won’t lock. My doesn’t.  It’s very sensitive.  TOO sensitive, really. I love the gun and that spot is perfect for my thumb.