Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer Precision trigger users

kmaultsby

I am not asking about any problems I am asking can you feel the trigger resetting? Is the reset feel close to the same as stock? Maybe this is better it is not like the stock Smith & Wesson M&P trigger were there is hardly any click or feel.

Edited by kmaultsby

I am thinking of getting Springer Precision trigger job on my next XD 9 tactical but on youtube a guy mention and showed that you really can not feel and here the reset on the trigger. Is this true?

Did he use a kit or get a trigger job from our custom shop? The lighter the trigger spring pressure, the lighter the reset "click." So if you want a 2.5# trigger pull the reset will be lighter than a 4# trigger. I have a sub 2# trigger on my personal XDM and I can feel the reset.

Kind of a thread jack here, but curious if the Springer trigger bar would work with my PRP trigger?

I love the Springer bar, and would love to fit that in to my XDM as well, but I don't want to change out the trigger.

Anyone do this at all?

Kind of a thread jack here, but curious if the Springer trigger bar would work with my PRP trigger?

I love the Springer bar, and would love to fit that in to my XDM as well, but I don't want to change out the trigger.

Anyone do this at all?

It can be made to work but it works better with the factory trigger, as the over travel stop is built into the trigger bar.

The over travel stop is one of the main reasons I like the trigger Scott built for me. The PRP bump-stop on the trigger has caused more problems on XDm's that I've seen than anything else, because nobody wants to take enough material off that it still works when the gun isn't pristinely clean.

My gun is usually a filth pit and I've never had that issue. With that being said I'm gonna change to Springers bar so I can still run in production class, gotta get rid of the external trigger.

I'm not the expert on this, but I've been told that the PRP trigger is legal in production because Springfield's shop has sold enough of them with it to make it an OEM part as far as USPSA is concerned. I bet there's info about this all over the forum, but I doubt you'd have to change it out. Both systems are pretty cool, and though I lean towards the springer setup, I wouldn't go to the trouble of switching if I didn't have to.

Would the optimum set-up be are the PRP Ultimate Trigger group with a Springer trigger bar. I have a stock 5.25 Xdm 9mm that I want to upgrade. I was planning on going the PRP route but now I am wondering if I should also put in the Springer trigger bar, if in fact the items are compatible.

My gun is usually a filth pit and I've never had that issue. With that being said I'm gonna change to Springers bar so I can still run in production class, gotta get rid of the external trigger.

I'm not the expert on this, but I've been told that the PRP trigger is legal in production because Springfield's shop has sold enough of them with it to make it an OEM part as far as USPSA is concerned. I bet there's info about this all over the forum, but I doubt you'd have to change it out. Both systems are pretty cool, and though I lean towards the springer setup, I wouldn't go to the trouble of switching if I didn't have to.

I've been told that PRP's trigger is not legal in Production for USPSA. I had to swap it out with stock trigger before our recent state match in FL.

I'll have to dig in to this, I was told it wasn't legal but that was over a year ago now.

Here we go guys:

Looks like it is now legal since the trigger is installed at the factory on some of their guns!

Saves me some work!

Q: Is our new trigger legal in Production Division?

triggerots1.png

A: Yes. Our trigger is a Springfield Armory OEM part available on several production XD and XDM pistols from the factory. Springfield part #'s:
XCM9131 "XDM custom competition model"
XC9131 "XD custom competition model"
XCM9121 "XDM production"
XC9121 "XD production"

Front Sight Magazine -May/June 2011 page 58.

"Powder River Trigger
I Just bought a new out of the box Springfield XD and shot a local match and was bumped to Open division. When I asked why, they said that trigger (Powder River) was not allowed. Can you tell me what is going on?

Answer
The trigger system on the Springfield XD and XDm handguns is legal. It is a factory-offered trigger that is a striker-fired system which is allowed and comes installed on six different models of the XD and XDm, and they are built in at the factory and therefor are an OEM part."

APPENDIX D4 — Production Division

21.6 Exchange of minor
EXTERNAL components
Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with OEM or aftermarket parts. Any other components which are externally visible may ONLY be replaced with OEM parts which are offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with OEM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and triggers. Special Notes/Clarifications:
• Barrels are considered “external parts” and are subjectto specific restrictions in 21.4 and associated rulings.
• A factory/OEM magazine release which extends only the length of the magazine release may be used. A magazine release which provides larger surface area (paddles, buttons) may only be used if it is an OEM part available on an approved model of gun.
• Externally-visible parts from “custom shop” guns will only be considered “OEM parts” if the custom shop gun is on the NROI list of approved Productionguns

Edited by Vanniek71

Would the optimum set-up be are the PRP Ultimate Trigger group with a Springer trigger bar. I have a stock 5.25 Xdm 9mm that I want to upgrade. I was planning on going the PRP route but now I am wondering if I should also put in the Springer trigger bar, if in fact the items are compatible.

Though the PRP trigger changes the geometry a little bit to get the feel they want, I think having redundant over travel stops on both the trigger and the bar is more likely to cause problems than benefit you. I remember Scott springer saying somewhere that it was possible to get them to work together, but that it's not a great setup. The two trigger kits result in a different feel, and work just a little differently, so pick which one you like and go with it.