Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

People who can't keep appointments

kdj

I really dislike taking time off from work to meet someone who has made an appointment to get something done at the house: cable guy, landscaper, repair person, ... and then find they never show or show up late.

My time is very valuable. In sheer $ terms, I'm sure they wouldn't want to pay me for wasted hours at my usual hourly rate as the corrolory to the agreement that I pay them for their time at their rate when they are there.

And what's with this "some time between 12 and 6". How would they like it if I offered to pay somewhere between 0 and 100% of their bill.

This happens WAY too often :angry:

Kevin

"And what's with this "some time between 12 and 6". How would they like it if I offered to pay somewhere between 0 and 100% of their bill."
I would bring it up to them in precisely those terms the next time you have to deal with 'em. :angry:

I'm serious. Take pride in defending your time.

I always tell them to call me 1/2 hour to 1 hour prior to arriving. If it is less than that, they will wait for me. If they can't do that, I will find another company that will. I have had a couple that hesitate, but it is amazing how resourseful they get in the comments section of any work order when I tell them, "no call then I am a no show".

Sometimes I have to lead them by the hand and suggest a note in the comments section of the work order in bold and underlined, and the response is "gosh....I suppose that might work.

I can't figure that crap out either, I'm a real estate appraiser, I make several appointment per day and I cover 3 counties. On Monday I drove 225 miles for 7 appointment (all scheduled at a specific time like 10:00am) and wasn't late for one. If you call yourself a professional you should know how long it takes you to do your job, how long it will take you to get from place to place in the area you cover and you should be there on time!

I have worked in the service tech position at a fireplace shop for about seven + years and I would love for any of the above people go with me for a day. Might have another angle to view this frustrating problem from.

As far as comcast I had a different experience.

Best wishes

Cable companies have made this into an art form. However, once my parents went with Comcast Digital Cable and 'net access, anytime that they've had a problem, Comcast sends someone out the next day, and at the time appointed.

There is a four letter word for the reason, and it starts with "D".

• 2 weeks later...