Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta 1301 only loading 9+1 W/ Nordic + 5 tube

lucas

I sent the shotgun out for custom work including a Nordic plus 5 ext to be put on the gun. Since I can only get 9 I have to assume the spring has not been altered. However, the spring is only about 12.5" beyond the tube. Maybe it needs to be broke on?

Edited by lucas

I just installed mine yesterday. I left 16" but it sounds like I have to trim it down some more. I figured I can always go shorter but not longer. Also when I installed my tube I just took the old cap or plug off (including old spring) and just screwed the extension on. Is that the right way to do it or is there some super secret way of installing?

Edited by 69CanaryCamaro

I've got a +5 Nordic mxt tube on my 1301 with the regular Nordic cap and 10" of spring past the tube end. I can get 10 Federal bulk 7.5 in the tube and 3/4 of the 11th shell. With my Fiocchi dummy rounds it fits 11 no problem but can't quite get the 11th one in with live rounds. Mine has the stock follower.

This is something we have been hearing quite often lately. The published capacity for this gun is 5+1, but as stated above, shotshell lengths vary across different manufactures. I believe that the 5+1 may have been determined using European shells, which I understand are often shorter. I tell folks to order extensions assuming that their factory capacity is 4 rounds, and to order accordingly. If you want 8+1, order the +4, 9+1 order the +5 etc...

Yes. The Beretta follower is long compared to other followers. Ran into the same thing when comparing the stock Versamax follower to the longer Nordic unit.

I will check to see if a standard Remington plastic follower will fit the Beretta....

Mick

After cutting the spring to 10" I can barely get 10 with no room to spare. Is it the general opinion that another follower like the DMW mentioned above, may be a further improvement?

What shells are you using? I can get 10 Winchester AA's in mine, but only 9 Remington's

Just ran a check. Using Walmart Federal bulk birdshot, I checked the 24" 1301 in the following configurations;

Spring free length past end of the +5 tube was 10.5"

(1) Nordic standard MXT end cap, Beretta follower. 9 shells fit, with 10th shell only just not fitting.

(2) Nordic standard MXT end cap, short Remington plastic follower. 9 shells fit, with 10th shell only just not fitting.

(3) Roulette old style short +1 end cap. 10 shells fit easily. Extra space for two thirds of an 11th shell.

Conclusion - with a +5 tube, use a Roulette XXL end cap or +1 end cap tp get 10 shells in the tube.

Mick

Edited by MickB

Looks like the Roulette Tactical deal is current. Blue and green are also half price as well.

These are a no brainer if you need the extra room in your mag tube....

Mick

Edited by MickB