Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opinions on the Bushnell for 3 Gun

venatic

Was looking at this for a 3 gun scope. I have the Meopta now but want more magification as our matches usually have shots 300-500 yards with bonuses at 600.

Looking partly because I can get a good price and have the Bushnell 3-21X50 Tactical on LR rifles which have been good optics.

http://www.bushnell.com/tactical/rifle-scopes/elite-tactical/smrs-1-8-5x-24mm#

Edited by venatic

I have the 1-6.5x with btr2 in ffp. Shot my first match with it late January and we had required targets to 400 yards with bonus targets at 500,600, and 700. The 10" plate at 500 and std ipsc at 600 weren't a problem. If I'd known my dope for 700 I'd have nailed it too.

So my opinion on the scope is very high.

I too am looking at that scope, curious if anyone here has used one.

ETA: Nevermind didn't see that the price tag was over 3k. :surprise:

Where do you see that? Midway has them for retail at $2150 and I know that price can be beat.

I too am looking at that scope, curious if anyone here has used one.

ETA: Nevermind didn't see that the price tag was over 3k. :surprise:

Where do you see that? Midway has them for retail at $2150 and I know that price can be beat.

He saw the list price for the 8.5. I did a quick search and they popped up on Amazon for under 1900.00

Heavy at 23 oz.

Is that heavier than anyone elses 1-8.5?

I've been using the 1-6.5 for almost 2 years now. I love it. I can't see myself using anything but a mil based reticle now. I wish the illumination was a little brighter, but with this reticle, it's worth dealing with it.

• 2 weeks later...

I shoot both the 6.5 and 8.5, the 8.5 is heavy and it doesn't come in SFP yet?? we really don't need FFP, and the reticle is very daylight visible when its SFP on 1x, but barely visible in FFP. I prefer the 6.5x, it weighs less, has all the magnification you need, is daylight visible in SFP, and a bit cheaper, plus you only need to find 30mm rings/mounts, and its available in both the btr1 and btr2.

That said, the 8.5x is perfect on a rifle that will be used for 3 gun and some long range comps. I've used mine out to 800 with good results. If MD's continue to not paint and hide targets in shadows, we might wind up NEEDING 8.5x

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

• 5 months later...

I have been using the 1-6.5 with BTR-2 SFP scope for the last year. it is very quick for aquiring targets. Dont really use the Red dot, but like mils from switching from Leupold SPR 1-4X.

I looking at purchasing another for my son's build.

Bruce C.