Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PractiScore 1.6 for iOS is Available

ZackJones

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously don't like the new way to squad folks on the Shooters/Squad screen.

That's testflighted right? Send some specific thoughts to support.

I loved it, so it may be an issue of how to use, or other.

Ken N.

Apon further consideration I can see were the new squadding method could be handy, but my previous workflow did not work with it.

My workflow was to take our preregistered shooters, put them into a spreadsheet, place all the shooters into Squad 9, then take that CSV file and import it into PS.

Doing that with the new squadding method in PS made actual squadding a pain, but now I see if I leave the shooters unsquadded it's easy to just scroll down the list and pick their correct squad.

Yesterday we ran 8 shooters thru that had never used PS thru a local match.....

While I have no doubt there is an answer I haven't considered.....there are a few elements that I had no good answers for....

1. Why is there not a single button to clear all scores for a shooter?(reshoot caused a need)

I just cleared each score....

2. What if a shooter wants to reshoot a classifier to send in but not for the match score?

I used a backup nook and only synced it after posting match scores.

3. What if a shooter is going to shoot the classifier again but for a different division?

Added shooter again...

4. Is there anyway to set shooting order manually at each stage? IE squad special order?

Paper order is the method......

While I have no doubt there is an answer I haven't considered.....there are a few elements that I had no good answers for....

1. Why is there not a single button to clear all scores for a shooter?(reshoot caused a need)

Cause it hasn't percolated up, and prior to score logging it was risky.

2. What if a shooter wants to reshoot a classifier to send in but not for the match score?

That's what I do.

3. What if a shooter is going to shoot the classifier again but for a different division?

Added shooter again...

Yes - that is the right thing to do, ON the backup device

For special classifiers, we just score with one device and enter the score they choose represents their true skill level.

4. Is there anyway to set shooting order manually at each stage? IE squad special order?

Paper order is the method......

Not yet, but soon.

It is easy to overlook procedurals when doing this. I was the victim of this at a L2 match a couple of years ago. Fortunately we were able to get it sorted before the scores were final.

It is easy to overlook procedurals when doing this. I was the victim of this at a L2 match a couple of years ago. Fortunately we were able to get it sorted before the scores were final.

That was precisely why he reshot the classifier....

6 procedurals for failure to follow the stage briefing. 6 shots freestyle instead of strong hand!

Added shooter again...

Don't know since I ask folks to do their classifier reshoots on paper and key them into ezws afterward, but if we are to use ps instead sometime in the future, well... what happens in ezws is that the system picks the single best classifier performance for a given division and sends THAT one in for activity credit and classification update, regardless of whether it was the 'for match' score or a reshoot. Practiscore needs to do the same thing if it's not already doing so.

For a reshoot in a different division, the competitor is indeed registered again (in ezws that is). I presume the same procedure would be followed in ps.

Added shooter again...

Don't know since I ask folks to do their classifier reshoots on paper and key them into ezws afterward, but if we are to use ps instead sometime in the future, well... what happens in ezws is that the system picks the single best classifier performance for a given division and sends THAT one in for activity credit and classification update, regardless of whether it was the 'for match' score or a reshoot. Practiscore needs to do the same thing if it's not already doing so.

For a reshoot in a different division, the competitor is indeed registered again (in ezws that is). I presume the same procedure would be followed in ps.

One thing that I would like us all to consider---

Let's look at the processes of EZ what we like and DON'T like and see if what we always did in EZ be made better in PS..

It's not my app, but whenever we are changing something I'd hope we would review it and not just move over the habit, but improve it.....

Maybe consider an option on PS to have a Classifier reshoot.. or ANY reshoot score........ Just a thought....

Well I'm guessing the idea behind it is to make the screens more readable in outdoor light.

Ran an ipad mini outside today with 1.6.1 in bright sunlight. NO, repeat, NO issues reading the screen with the new larger fonts. Looks and works very well.

Excellent. We are seeing same thing. Even having some of our scorekeepers running devices we leave back a bit to confirm interoperability asking to upgrade.

We will continue to tweak this, and also bring it over into Android. It's much HARDER there due to the essentially infinite screen sizes in the 3000+ different Android devices.

Ken N.

Excellent. We are seeing same thing. Even having some of our scorekeepers running devices we leave back a bit to confirm interoperability asking to upgrade.

We will continue to tweak this, and also bring it over into Android. It's much HARDER there due to the essentially infinite screen sizes in the 3000+ different Android devices.

Ken N.

Ken,

Might I suggest a survey to see what people are using?

Survey the device and the size.

List the 10 or so we expect and an other with a write in. And then te same with sizes.

The analytical output may help.

And a few other questions too.

Thoughts?

Ken N.

And a real nice touch on time entry. Fills the screen on an iPad mini and the checkbox to not have to tap the decimal point is REALLY nice. That needs to be made available on the android version.

And a real nice touch on time entry. Fills the screen on an iPad mini and the checkbox to not have to tap the decimal point is REALLY nice. That needs to be made available on the android version.

Amen to that. I've been using the iOS version a lot lately and being able to just type in 356 instead of 3.56 is very nice!

Ken tells me that the Review Screen will also get the 'jitterbug' treatment and be large enough to actually alllow the shooter to read it (getting them to pay attention is another thing altogether!)