Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open shotgun choice

Bearcave

What would you choose for a open shotgun and why?

Benelli with X-rail

Versa max with X-rail

Mka 1919 fully modified ( Firebird or Tooth & Nail )

Does Benelli need to run higher dram shells with X-rail hanging off the front?

Does the BR-99 and MKA 1919 use the same magazines/accessories?

Some part swap over but not all. Stay with the mka you have lots of part out there for it . And the Mka is 1000.00 less than a Saiga to get it ready. Firebird & Tooth & Nail both have 3 gun read models if you don't like to play gunsmith.

Does the BR-99 and MKA 1919 use the same magazines/accessories?

Yes , stay away from the BR-99, unless you plan on leaving it stock. We have a SBS comparison posted on Enos . It's basically a 2012 model MKA

We have a 23 rnd mag that has been flawless.

Our built guns run 1145fps ammo, WITH a mid barrel comp.

I got the current Rock Island Auction catalog and they have some of Tom Knapp collection for sale. There is a Tom Knapp Benelli M1 21" with Xrail setup like the current RCI Benelli Xrail shotgun. Auction is calling $800-$1200 price estimate, that seems low.

Can a M2 be built with Xrail in place of normal magazine tube like the RCI gun at home or does it require special purpose build/permanent gun modification?

I got the current Rock Island Auction catalog and they have some of Tom Knapp collection for sale. There is a Tom Knapp Benelli M1 21" with Xrail setup like the current RCI Benelli Xrail shotgun. Auction is calling $800-$1200 price estimate, that seems low.

Can a M2 be built with Xrail in place of normal magazine tube like the RCI gun at home or does it require special purpose build/permanent gun modification?

Anything is possible but I'd buy the fully integrated model direct from RCI. Mark cuts the barrel loop off and gets everything lined up perfectly. I think they do some top secret internal mods to help make the gun more reliable with all that weight attached. Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Mark did a lot of exrta stuff to Toms gun ( they were good friends ). If that gun goes for under $3000 it would be a awesome deal. My wife bought me a integrated xrail for my anniversary last year i put a Delta Point and can't wait for the 3 gun season.

Schultz

I ran a 26" Versa Max with a full size XRAIL last year. It's a perfect size for that XRAIL.

I'm moving to a modified MKA-1919XN. I have no idea if it will be successful or not. I picked up the base gun for about $620 from my local shop that needed to clear inventory. The mods to make it more race ready and 922r compliant came from Tooth & Nail.

The VM had work done by C-Rums before I got the XRAIL. Actually shooting it was very pleasant. Delightfully accurate and soft shooting. "Driving" the gun with that weight in the front, however, was not my cup of tea on some stages. Truth be told, I don't have the most upper body strength, by far. I sit in an office most of the time. That should put my comments in perspective.

On stages without too much swapping between ammo types and about 20-23 shots, the XRAIL can be a winner since you don't reload. But, if you have to do some fancy ammo type changes in the stage (like bird to slug to bird and so forth) or go over the XRAIL capacity, then the magazine fed shotguns can gain an advantage.