Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tell me about 9mm 1911s

rhgunguy

Buddy has 9mm Springfield Loaded 1911, runs all day long & fun to shoot!

what he said have same gun

never had a bobble with factory ammo

jjw

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my Master class buddies switched to DW PM-9 for this season after shooting Glocks for years. he let me run a couple mags last weekend. Wow. What I meant to say is, wow. What a great gun. I had no idea what a pleasure it is to shoot a quality 1911 in 9mm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got the Springfield Loaded Target in 9mm that functions fine with the two Metalform mags it came with. Accuracy is good and in the range of 1.5" center-to-center at 25 yards from a rest. Using only reloads so far with hard cast lead RN, TC, FP and SWC bullet sytles. Trigger pull from the factor is about 3 3/4 lbs. and seems to be improving as more and more rounds are fired. The slidestop does walk some when firing. Unlike all my other 1911s the slide stop plunger is out far enough that assembly without tools is impossible. Slide to frame fit is tight and smooth for a factory gun. The extractor channel does fill with fouling quickly.

All in all pretty good for a stock factory 1911. I may reduce the trigger pull down to around 2lb to match my other 1911s but on Bianchi plates and other targets the trigger seems just fine. Only other changes I'm considering would probably be slim grips and a mag well.

The pistol came in plastic carrying box along with a two mag holder and holster. Not a fan of any of these but someone else may like them.

I own several Wilson 1911s and 2 custom built 1911s and for the money I would go with the Trojan. I have one that has run 100% right out of the box. The only work done on the gun was cleaning up the trigger (used the factory parts) to 2 1/2 lbs. Works with all major manufacturers magazines.

Dawson CDP STI Spartan 9mm with Dawson mags. My 10 yo daughter shoots it for ZSA and IDPA matches. Pink Posey VZ grips and pink kydex holster and mag pouches. :) I love shooting this gun and will probably get a STI 2011 for my big mitts down the road. Converting me to 1911s they are so fun to shoot and accurate.