Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from NE Illinois

KJG67

Hi all -

Came across the site in researching starting IDPA and USPSA (I start in a couple of weeks after observing a really friendly group). Finally at a time in my life when I can afford to play a little bit. Great posts on Iron Site Discoveries, and Vision and Sight Blade Width were fantastic - just what I was looking for. Still trying to grasp all of the rules, but that will come soon enough.

Looking forward to learning from everyone.

Welcome! I think you'll find a lot of the people here and in NE IL are very friendly and helpful. If you are looking for places to shoot be sure to check out WIILshoot.com Its the Wisconsin/Illinois shooting calender. Also, depending on where you live, many of us locally have gotten our start at the Maxon combat shoots in Desplains, They are very welcoming to new shooters. I shoot most of those as well as Oak Park and NISA in the summer.

Thanks Eli. Found WIILShoot. I'm just north of you in Round Lake, and plan to be at OnTarget and Alpha Range if this works out. Both groups have been great to meet so far and provided some good advice. I'm just going to follow the crowd and learn, and see where this goes. Explaining to the wife how I'm going to fit this in with CMP and Highpower this summer should be interesting :) Haven't been to Maxon since they moved. Grew up not too far from there. Need to stop down there sometime and check them out.

Welcome to the addiction! WIILShoot has definitely been the biggest resource to me. Oak Park is where I do most of my shooting, but when they close, I clam up and start reloading. Though I'm always looking for places to go shoot when I get time off of school.

I'm more enthralled with USPSA than IDPA...I have no clue why, but it's just more fun to me. YMMV but once I got shooting USPSA, I just never felt the need to get the fishing vest out :D

Edited by 45dotACP