Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best place to buy c-more slide ride

openclassterror

Hey guys-

Just wanting to get an idea who has the best deal on the c-more. Hopefully a vendor on the forum, if possible. Also, what dot size are you all running? I am converting from a Burris FF3, as I lose the dot in bright sunlight, and I want the bigger window and lower axis of the c-more in a 90deg mount. Thoughts?

Tom

Again for shooters connection, Chuck is a forum dealer and offers a small discount for forum members. Dot size most common are the 6 and 8 with 8 being a slight favorite. The side mount is subjective and a personal preference.

Not particularly fond of the looks of the 90 degree either. But, I don't like the looks of a big ol' c-more on top of any pistol. However, I am tired of hunting for the dot in the tiny screen of my Burris, and I fondled just about every model c-more had mounted on the toy guns in their SHOT booth. The low axis 90deg mount was the most natural for me to see the dot in the middle without hunting for it. I don't really care what my gun looks like as long as it works to my satisfaction, and my eyes are getting to the point where irons are harder to utilize.

Have you considered the c-more serendipity it eliminates the need for an additional mount and cuts down on the bulk and has a clean look and could be mounted a bit lower then a traditional upright mount. However if your extractor- ejector is inconsistant the side mount would be a good choice.

I am running an XDM in open, I could not find the Serendipity in a compatible model. I am planning on manufacturing my own 90 degree mount utilizing the rail and the trigger pin. Now everyone can start telling me to get an STI and ditch the xdm :P:P:P

Haha I feel your pain, I run an open glock and everyone says to Ditch the thing. Back to business though, shooter connection, best place to get it.

Update- Placed the order today. Talked to Chuck for a few, great guy! Turns out the discount does not apply to sale or price match items (like the c-more) but price was still good. I got the 8MOA std (nonclick) switch and Arredondo switch knob. He said some have had issues with click switch models going thru the batteries, and I am a cheap skate so that suited me. Appreciate the referral guys!

Tom

He said some have had issues with click switch models going thru the batteries,

Seems the Cmores can be hit or miss. Lot's of shooters end up with units that eat batteries and/or will not stay zero'ed. Knock on wood, my click switch is 3 years old and I put one battery in a year just for good measure and it stays zero'ed just fine.

Oh, I always have extra batteries in my range bag, but at almost $3ea, I want them to stay there as long as possible. I will keep an eye on the big knob and see if it rotates. I wonder if 90degree mounts are more or less prone to this. Shooting 9mm in a comped gun, so there isn't much recoil, but still.....

It may work for you, but FWIW, I've had problems with the Arredondo knob rotating under recoil and turning the dot off.

I use the Arrendondo knob and orient the knob so the OFF position is at 7 o'clock (looking down at the switch, 12 o'clock towards the muzzle) and full on is about 5 o'clock. For shooting outside I almost always just turn the switch full ON and indoors it's about midway to full ON.