Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

XDM 5.25 KB

GreenDragon64

Springfield will not sell frames or slides. You would have to send the whole gun in and hope they replaced it.

Not true.

Springfield will replace the polymer frame for $90. We just send one back and had it done. You do have to send the whole gun in, but they will replace the frame.

• 5 months later...

If everything falls through and you are looking for another my Wife has one with less than 500 rounds through it I am sure she would let go at a good price. It has the trigger work, tungsten guide rod and a Dawson front sight. Just let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is why I use the powder-check die in station 3 on my Dillon XL650. I've already had one nasty hand injury, I sure as hell don't need another.

Green, really glad your came out of this ok, and I hope SA is able to get you back up and running.

I ended up with a great forum member reaching out to me and I've made a good friend through this. I wish I could rate bowenbuilt, he'd get a 10/10, a handful of gold stars, and a few dinners on me if he ever snakes his way down to my neck of the woods.

• 3 weeks later...

GreenDragon,

Thank you very much for the kind words. I have always said a friend in need is a friend indeed. If I find myself in your neck of the woods I would be glad to take a few plates of that Alabama Bar-B-Q. Vannieck71, he didn't tell me exactly what they offered him but my Wife must have offered him a better deal on an almost new 5.25. I love a story with a happy ending. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So not to beat a dead horse, and I know you got another gun from a forum member... But what did you hear from Springfield on the whole thing? Did you ever send the gun in?

I'd really like to hear how they handled it if they ever got the gun back to look at.

Springfield will not sell frames or slides. You would have to send the whole gun in and hope they replaced it.

Not true.

Springfield will replace the polymer frame for $90. We just send one back and had it done. You do have to send the whole gun in, but they will replace the frame.

Like I said they will not sell you one. You have to send the whole gun in to get it replaced.