Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock River Polymer Frame 1911?

Gary1911A1

This question is for those that went to SHOT. Did Rock River have their Single Stack Polymer Frame 1911 on display and if so do you know when they are going to start to produce them. I'm beginning to think there is just one prototype that is being passed around to gun writers. I did find a link and video of EAA going to introducing one with a rail in 90 days, but I'd rather not deal with their CS.

Gary, I saw ads for them in one of the mags and asked/posted on another forum if a couple people going to SHOT would check them out and got no response.

FWIW

Richard (from Ravenna, Ohio cause I can't afford to move out of this D... snow!)

You'd think they'd be super light, but they advertise the weight as around or above the weight of an alloy frame. Their website says 2.04 lbs (32.64 oz), and a Kimber Custom CDP II is advertised as 31 oz, with empty magazine inserted. Not all that impressive, if you ask me. Doesn't seem like much benefit over another 1911 that will offer superior parts commonality.

even if they weigh about the same as allow, I'm guessing they will be MUCH cheaper. Light weight, decent 1911s seem to cost hundreds more than their full weight counterparts. So a decent injected or molded polymer frame should be cheaper by far. I'm excited for 3D printers to be able to pop this out in a few years.