Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Faster reloads...

spook

I have practiced at home in dry fire and figured out that I could do the Draw-shot-reload-shot in under 2 seconds with the beat up S&W 625. So, I went to the range today and tried it. Closest I got was 2.03 (twice) and 2.04 (also twice). Dispite the fact that I didn't make it, the 2.04 run made me pretty happy, because I did a 1.29 reload on this one! :D

That's almost .2 s faster than my last personal best. The funny thing is that once I did that, I pulled off a whole bunch of 1.33s 1.35s etc.

Now for the disclaimer:

1) This was at a classic target at 5 meters (which is very very close)

2) No, they were not all A-zone hits ;) I did hit the target with every shot though

3) No, I cannot (yet) do it on demand (c'mon...)

4) Yes, I screwed up many many many times :D

Still wanted to share it though ;) Damn that felt goooooood :wub:

Thanks Jake! Yeah, I must say I was kind of surprized myself. I finally brought the dry fire realm to the range on that run. I was very visual. I think it's good to do this hose stuff sometimes. It made me see clearly that I can be much faster if I am visual and just do what I train for at home :)

Steve, thanks! I reload the "german way" (at least that's what I heard people call it). I just keep the gun in my strong hand, pop the cylinder open with my weak hand and grab the new clip with the weak hand. (I tried a search because I know I have a thread about it somewhere, but no luck). It's the "not-Jerry" way. Now if I could just make my splits suck a little less...

Spook,

I think if you do a search for "Speed Loading" in the revolver section the thread will come up I don't know how to link it up but one is there. By the way great reload.

Thanks gal 'n guys!

Dalmas, about that mission thing: I guess the next World Shoot was my mission, but lately I have been doubting about going. The match would cost me about $5000. There's a lot of good stuff you can do for that (like buying a 1050 and a new revolver) Maybe I'll attend the US Nationals instead. Sounds like a lot more fun at about half the cost

:)

BTW, that new avatar of yours, what is that? If I remember correctly, my parent got me that for my very first birthday.

That is AWESOME.

I remember when I was an "B" Limited shooter, reading about Jerry's demos, and how he figured he had to average a 1.4 load or better to make this one goal.

I was thinking "damn, I"m not sure I could do that with my Limited gun" :mellow:

Hell I only recently got faster than that with Standard gear. <_<

Thanks gal 'n guys!

Dalmas, about that mission thing: I guess the next World Shoot was my mission, but lately I have been doubting about going. The match would cost me about $5000. There's a lot of good stuff you can do for that (like buying a 1050 and a new revolver) Maybe I'll attend the US Nationals instead. Sounds like a lot more fun at about half the cost

:)

BTW, that new avatar of yours, what is that? If I remember correctly, my parent got me that for my very first birthday.

Spook, Like the bald eagle is a symbol of America the Dalahorse is a symbol of Sweden and I'm born where they come from. Dalmas means I come from there.

I know the WS will be expensive but I wouldn't miss it for the world, The US Nationals is every year, the WS is not. I am going to wait with the US nationals.

Yeah I know McO. Next training I'll have a cam set up at the range (I never do that stuff, so I'll have to ask a shooting buddy :unsure:)

Dalmas, wanna bet? ;) I feel leike I have to take on Eric G. in a shoot-off man :D

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I made it today :D

Draw .72

Reload 1.23

Total 1.95

:lol::D

Funny though. I remembered a part from Brian's book concerning "tangible goals" where he says something like: When trying to reach a goal like that, I just look for the time on the timer display and forget the rest. At times like that it is best to back up a little and go for a certain feel instead of just "going for a fast time".

Well, that did the trick for me :) Thanks Brian

Wow! Be sure to relish the accomplishment tonight and push transitions tomorrow.

Maybe just a message to myself....Well I did it. And a half second later ...What next? Even when I have a goal in mind it's too easy not to relish the moment.

Did I write, Wow!