Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Should I do with My Refurbished TS Slide?

SufferInSilence

One day while trying to take as much weight off my original TS Slide, my local machinist (who does amazing work) accidentally milled through the place where the recoil rod and spring mount into the front of the slide.

Really, its something I didn't think to advise him of and he, doing mostly 1911s and 2011s didn't think to look into it.

He fixed it by cutting a SS cross section, milling an exact replica of the countersink face then TIG welding it in place and also lathe-ing a longer recoil rod that it now takes to use.

The slide works, its just not pretty.

Anyway by the grace of god I was able to get another slide and my gun is all done:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=187929

Now Im itching... Im not sure if I should pump a little money into it and send it some place to get milled/ cleaned up and then paint it myself or, sell it off to fund other projects.

Not sure if its just safer to have on hand due to the absolute impossibility to get a spare slide on demand.

Take a look:

IMG_1896_zps2231104e.jpgIMG_1895_zps3bec9fc1.jpgIMG_1897_zps9800e0d4.jpgIMG_1900_zps4d977a9a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I think it would make an awesome 9mm TS 3 gun pistol. And not being perfectly mint wouldn't hurt too much since 3 gun pistols get tossed into clearing boxes and onto tables on alot of stages. I know for certain it would not bother me at all to use that chopped up TS. Perhaps steel challenge also just because of how much weight was taken off of it.

What exactly does it weigh compared to a standard TS slide?

Make a 9mm TS top end but get the bushing milled and installed first.

The TS 9 and 40 barrels are the same OD, so they just drop in.

From the milling it looks like the bushing is gone and the shoulder that the reverse plug holds on.