Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

True Detective

Yeah - at the end of each show, they tell the viewers to visit darknessbecomesyou.com The writers discuss The King in Yellow being a huge influence in their writing on that website. I bought the book online when the series started and I'm glad I did....the show is driving up the price of the book. Still free on kindle though.

Edited by meatsauce

I was disappointed to hear that each season of True Detective gets a new cast and a new storyline.

Ohhh... me too! (Didn't know that.) Mcconaughey and Harrilson are so awesome, I can't image how they could be improved.

After finishing the next to last episode last night, Candis said we should have waited until the last episode was recorded, then watched them both back to back. Damn! That was a great idea...

What a great show. Looking forward to watching them all again.

I can't stop thinking about it. I'm looking forward to watching them over again. I also CAN'T WAIT to see who they get for the next season, although I agree with BE that I'm sad to see Harrelson and McConaughey go.

Lol @ "KILLER". Pun intended I'm sure. Final episode was great. I was literally on the edge of my seat leaning in when they were in the tunnels (Carcosa).

Double pun! :D

And yes, the final location / set was perfect for the story.

• 1 year later...

Recorded and just watched the first episode for season 2. I like what Ive seen so far. Great great acting from Colin Farrell.

Agreed. His character is a walking nightmare.... Lots of options for where this could go...

Recorded and just watched the first episode for season 2. I like what Ive seen so far. Great great acting from Colin Farrell.

Agreed. His character is a walking nightmare.... Lots of options for where this could go...

Wonder if the CHP officer only needs the blue pill if he is with a woman (not that there is anything wrong with that?)

Wonder if the Farrell character killed the female police officer's mother at the behest of the Vaughn character?

Wonder if we are going to run into a bulky red headed character that is the real father of Farrel's putative son?

Pretty sure that the city manager spent some time at the religious retreat and with the female officer's sister

Wonder if there ever will be a sober cop on True Detective?

I have watched the first season multiple times and have gotten something more or different each time. It is probably unfair to compare the two. The second season probably will be far better than most of what is on the boob tube or at the theatre. The writing is good but I wish somebody would turn on a light

• 3 weeks later...

While I'm a little underwhelmed by the season so far, and don't think they did a great job connecting the shootout near the end of Episode 4 to the series on the whole -- I've got to say that was a very nicely shot sequence......

In all of the places where other shows/movies would have ended it, this one just kept going, and going, and going....