Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great Rally vid

Neomet

While the cars continue their slow neutering this is still the best racing with the bravest drivers ever. Great vid including some of Audi Group B cars in action.

Say hello to "Armco is for pussys" racing.

It was without a doubt one of the quickest ways to trash your equipment and empty your bank account. Initial cost and setup of the car was almost inconsequential. I lasted maybe 2/3 of a season and that was with the co-driver pitching in on costs. Brutal.

Yeah, but his rally stories usually out shined his war stories. (He flew A-7 Corsairs in Vietnam.)

Nice! I remember very early 80's watching A7's during manuevers. Very fast for an old plane!

Yeah, I think there is a reason that we lose more pilots from auto accidents than air crashes. (I was told this by a pilot and don't know if it's true.) They just drive like they wish their cars had wings. I'm sure there are exceptions. My uncle and his friends seemed to like to drive very fast. He still does so into his late 60s. He likes to shoot bowling pins too. That's kinda like drag racing with a pistol to me.

I love the shots of the old Audis and BMWs. I had an '87 4000 Quattro. In the owners manual there was a blurb that went something like, "the 4000 Quattro is not intended for off road use, however should you find it necessary to drive in loose dirt or gravel it is recommended to engage both the center and rear differential locks." The was a cool little knob in the center console for doing just that.