Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

17 point underdogs putting a spanking on their opponent

Shadowrider

Especially when it's my Sooners spanking the Alabama Tide. The pregame commentary was as expected and hearing ESPN talking heads having to eat crow is just icing on the cake.

Honestly I thought that OU could be a thorn in the Tide's side, but just spanking them was nice. 7 sacks? Really? AJ only had 3 all year. It's always a good thing when your two favorite teams duke it out in a good game. It's just better when your home team wins it. Can't honestly say I saw OU playing 'Bama, I thought Bama was penalized too harshly for losing a squeaker to Auburn, and I thought OU was rewarded too much for beating an over rated Oklahoma State team. And I really didn't see OU winning. Every once in a while it's nice to be completely wrong.

I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't enjoy the game that much. Neither side had a defense worth speaking of. When every play goes for over 5 yards, its half a football game, and comes down to who can score the most and who can protect the ball. (Alabama failed on that part.) As much as I love the SEC, none of the teams had a decent defense this year, and it seems that no one knows how to tackle anymore.

I know I'm in the minority, but I didn't enjoy the game that much. Neither side had a defense worth speaking of. When every play goes for over 5 yards, its half a football game, and comes down to who can score the most and who can protect the ball. (Alabama failed on that part.) As much as I love the SEC, none of the teams had a decent defense this year, and it seems that no one knows how to tackle anymore.

Gotta disagree. OU sacked McCarron 7 times last night. That's why they won, they had the poor kid so paranoid that he wasn't even looking at his receivers. But I most definitely agree with you on the tackling. It seems these days that they just want to hit them rather than tackling. Drives me insane.