Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Trojan VS Colt Gold Cup 1911 Pistol

Secretariat

Don't know much about the Trojan except what I read on the BE forum. Don't know much about newer Colts but the older ones had quality innards so if you got it you might not have to spend $$$$ replacing parts doing a trigger job and the base slide and frame are better in the Colt. Don't let the 80's parts stop you because I have a Para with a crisp 2.25 lb trigger with the parts still in! It can be done.

FWIW

Richard

Throw all the Series 80 junk in the trash and get the little widget from Brownells to replace it, or just use a washer of the correct diameter and thickness.

I have an early 1980s 80 series GoldCup National Match MK IV. The roll pin bothers me however after every stage I just give it a wee push back in place when it moved laterally.

I replaced all the internals with EGW parts and Wilson Combat for the FLGR and bushing and Ambi Saftey. Koenig speed hammer. S&A magwell and Larry Davidson grips.

This gun is incredibly accurate and there is nothing I would change on it now and I only shoot berrys 230 rn in it. I could not by an equivalent gun for the same money.

Never used a Sti but everyone swears by the Trojan, mine has cost me less than the price of a new Sti. Infact less than the cost of a Kimber Stainless Target.

Edited by Mikethor