Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Practiscore 1.2.11 Released

ZackJones

Just saw that Practiscore 1.2.11 is on the Practiscore web site. Changes included in it (from amazon web page).

• * Save and Add New Shooter Button Issue (0000277)
  • * Include match name in email subject when sharing results and other data
  • * USPSA incorrect scoring type when selecting predefined classifier
  • stages (0000278)
  • * USPSA incorrect hits per target for predefined classifier stages (0000282)
  • * IDPA incorrect sorting by name results (0000261)

I used the version 1.2.11 this past weekend and it worked great. I also did some test matches to confirm that the Steel scoring issues were fixed along with the Fixed time issues.

I am giving this release a thumbs up, use with confidence!!!

Just completed a Special Classifier Match today with this newest version. Thumbs Up!

Glad to hear this. I spent a good bit of time working with Eugene to make sure these were setup right in PS. We'll be using it for our special classifier match soon.

So would the problem with classifiers that was identified in 1.2.10 have been an issue to a user who was creating his match in ezws and then exporting it to practiscore?

It shouldn't because in that scenario PractiScore isn't "Defining" the stage details, EZWS is doing that.

Anyone having an issue using the Spreadsheet Import function with this version? The same import file that will not work with this version, works fine on the latest iOS version.

I've been using the Spreadsheet Import option for ages and now all of a sudden it tells me "0 Shooters Imported" when using version 1.2.11 on a Nexus 7. If I take that same exact CSV file and use it on my iPhone running version 1.5.10 it works fine and imports all the shooters.

Anyone having an issue using the Spreadsheet Import function with this version? The same import file that will not work with this version, works fine on the latest iOS version.

I've been using the Spreadsheet Import option for ages and now all of a sudden it tells me "0 Shooters Imported" when using version 1.2.11 on a Nexus 7. If I take that same exact CSV file and use it on my iPhone running version 1.5.10 it works fine and imports all the shooters.

I imported all my registered shooters (Edit to add: on Android) for a steel match last week. Worked as designed.

FYI...I did get one of those 0 shooters imported errors once...I forgot to include the column headers. Check your CSV file and make sure you include the headers.

Edited by Mark R

I imported all my registered shooters (Edit to add: on Android) for a steel match last week. Worked as designed.

FYI...I did get one of those 0 shooters imported errors once...I forgot to include the column headers. Check your CSV file and make sure you include the headers.

That's what has me perplexed, nothing has changed with the way I setup my CSV file and it still works with PractiScore on my iPhone, just not the version on my Android tablet.

I've double checked that the column headings are correct.

If that's how you usually bring in your pre-registered competitors, that sounds like a critical bug. Have you put it out on the practiscore mantis problem tracker?

Yes, that is how we load pre-registers competitiors for our USPSA, ICORE, Outlaw Steel, and Mini Steel matches.

I've not yet put the issue on the Mantis tracker as I forgot the web site address.

I've not yet put the issue on the Mantis tracker as I forgot the web site address.

www.practiscore.com/bugs

Just curious how do you use practiscore for ICORE? Do you set the stages up as Time plus?

Thanks for the link to report an issue.

As for ICORE, I set it up as a USPSA match and then after the match, run the scoring data through a spreadsheet to calculate the time penalties.

As for ICORE, I set it up as a USPSA match and then after the match, run the scoring data through a spreadsheet to calculate the time penalties.

Thanks for the info about ICORE. We are trying to use PS for all matches at our club. Regarding the bug would you mind giving me a step-by-step process of how you do the export and import into PS. I just want to see if I can duplicate the bug. I want to make sure I do it the same way you do it.

www.practiscore.com/bugs

Just curious how do you use practiscore for ICORE? Do you set the stages up as Time plus?

Why not set the match up as Time plus and add penalties during match setup?

www.practiscore.com/bugs

Why not set the match up as Time plus and add penalties during match setup?

Plenty of reasons not to use Time Plus to score an ICORE match. One being that Time Plus is just that, Time Plus penalties/bonuses. There is no way while scoring to visually know if you've scored all the targets or not. By using the USPSA scoring method, you can visually see what targets have and have not been scored and also if they have the correct number of hits. Also the USPSA method allows us at our big match with money/prizes on the line have a paper copy of each competitors time and hits for each stage.

Sure having to use a spreadsheet to calculate the final results is a bit more cumbersome on the back end, but with the macros I've written, it's only a few clicks of the mouse.

Edited by jdphotoguy

Doe's anyone use Practiscore for three gun scoring?

Thanks

Bill

Yep...you can setup match as either time plus or time plus points. I use time plus points and set up each stage as 100 points.

Time plus is just time plus bonuses minus penalties.

Time plus points uses bonues and penalties, but each stage can be setup for points based. then the fastest shooter gets the 100% points and all other shooters get a percentage of that time. It helps evens the playing field for long and short stages.