Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu-Shadow on Approved Production List

rgkeller

If CZC an turn out custom grade models in the volumes required to be accepted as a Production gun then the more power to them. There is definitely still an arms race of sorts in Production even though you can be completely competitive with a stock gun. The overall affect is a gradual raising of the bar and improvement for the all basic guns that can be found on the shelf at Al's Gun Barn; everyone wins in the long run.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If CZC an turn out custom grade models in the volumes required to be accepted as a Production gun then the more power to them. There is definitely still an arms race of sorts in Production even though you can be completely competitive with a stock gun. The overall affect is a gradual raising of the bar and improvement for the all basic guns that can be found on the shelf at Al's Gun Barn; everyone wins in the long run.

Well said!

dang....i've been bumped in limited with my G17 because i did a cerakote on the slide in different color than factory , so now CZCS shadows are offered in so many different variants , very far away from production based guns imo...LOL.

That would be an IPSC rule, not USPSA.

Edited by eerw

dang....i've been bumped in limited with my G17 because i did a cerakote on the slide in different color than factory , so now CZCS shadows are offered in so many different variants , very far away from production based guns imo...LOL.

That would be an IPSC rule, not USPSA.

Wait...are you telling me you can't coat a gun in IPSC?

From the production section of the IPSC rule book

16.1 Modifications to them, other than minor detailing (the removal of burrs and/or adjustments unavoidably required in order to fit replacement OFM parts or components), are prohibited. Other prohibited modifications include those which facilitate faster reloading (e.g. flared, enlarged and/or add-on magwells, etc.), changing the original color and/or finish of a handgun, and/or adding stripes or other embellishments.

Wow that's insane

At the risk of perpetuating the thread creep, I have to agree. It is the goofiest thing ever! It's not like your OD green cerakote is going be any faster.

This and other BS rules that have nothing to do gun function is something both IPSC and USPSA should have addressed years ago.

Edited by JMike

Well then, if bushings are so great, give the people bull barrels in 5 inch singlestacks, after all, if I want a sucky fat heavy barrel, why not?

Why do I get the feeling people would still argue??? :-)

woaw.that's insane.

yes it is in a certain way.

i've been into superbike pro racing on both side of the fence : as racer first, then later as race director for a nation wide promotor. when we were at writing rules for a given class, as example ,let's say production, we were taking into account the mods that can affect the performances, as well as the aftermarket parts industry,aka the parts available to the ''joe average '''' street rider,then decide which part are prohibited and which aren't .

any sports involving machinery has to be considered that way: production is exactly that. production'''' in stock form'''', however production doesn't means all the aftermarket parts should be prohibited .

as example, let's look at how many adjustable sights builders are out there, you can litterally buy a set of adjustables for nearly every existing hand guns on the market,so it wouldn't make sens to prohibits them in a production class .it's no ''custom''' parts,and on top of that it doesn't enhance the perfs of the gun,you still have to place the sights on targets to hit them. to me, no doubts any parts added or related to the trigger action´ should stay ''stock form''' because it does modify the travel-over travel-weight break which doesn't meets the spirit of '''production based class''''.

now is paint,recoil rods ,pin kits and other ''external parts '' (except mag release and slide release of course) not trigger related enhances the performance of the gun?? is those can make the trigger action any different?? no.....that is how production class's rules should be thought. but i think politics is no stranger to rulebooks in competitions of all kind, which might be the case here with the CZCS guns allowed in production.

Edited by sigsauerfan

From the production section of the IPSC rule book

16.1 Modifications to them, other than minor detailing (the removal of burrs and/or adjustments unavoidably required in order to fit replacement OFM parts or components), are prohibited. Other prohibited modifications include those which facilitate faster reloading (e.g. flared, enlarged and/or add-on magwells, etc.), changing the original color and/or finish of a handgun, and/or adding stripes or other embellishments.

At least I can still cerakote my holster in hot pink polkadots. They can't take that away.

No, I don't believe anyone has ever put an external bushing on a Glock. It's the principle of the external bushing that I'm talking about here.

CZCustom customizes platforms for competition, it goes against what Production Division has stood for. It's a reason guns haven't been approved for production division in the past.

bullseye!

anyones here with some $$$$ could get a container full of glocks , getting into the build of the most amazing milling-work shop, then proceed to hire 2-3 competent gunsmiths and an autocad-katia technician and start an R&D shop aiming at the developpment of glock pistols dedicated only for competitions . not because one has an R&D workshop aiming at the developpment of an already existing plateform that it makes it a factory. ....