Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loaded 150 rds too short. Redo them?

Slidestop

I guess I miscalculated my oal for ay CZ SP-01. Came up with 1.102. What I need is 1.14.

I loaded 50 rounds each at 3.5, 3.6, and 3.8 grains of N320. I'm sure they will work, but I was trying to

work up a load over a chrono. I've started resizing them: Two whacks in the inertia puller, remove,

load in Hornady, and resize and crimp. One by one. Am I crazy? Or? It just takes alot of time.

Should I continue and "bite the bullet?"

If you want to be OCD here, then one light whack with the inertia hammer would lengthen them just enough. Reset the seating die and run them through. No need to recrimp. Personally, I'd just shootem.

May sound like a crazy idea but whack them a few times to loosen the bullet but not enough to cause it to separate from the case. Then run them through the seating and crip die. I did that for a few bullets I screwed up on in .38 special and it worked fine.

I dunno... I would not "partially" pull the bullets as the case neck tension below the bullet would then be compromised and they might set back to the original length upon hitting the feed ramp anyway, or indeed, they might partially set back variably which would not give you any decent data should you be chrono-ing the things and trying to determine accuracy etc.

I would just shoot them, record the results, and compare that to longer OAL's that you might want later for comparison. Frankly, if they shoot well even at the shorter OAL and are within your pressure and velocity range while running the gun they are as good as you need. Heck, you might even find they are MORE accurate than longer OAL's though that would be as much a function of their consistent case wall tension and velocity as anything else.