Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Searching for a plan...

jayjay1

Hey there,

I began IPSC about half an year ago, and I´m still searching "my way" for training.

I´m the only one who shoots IPSC around here, it is not that spreaded around in my area.

So I have no one to ask, but want to build up my skills, having no idea how I can do this certain.

I feel like shooting around a little but there is no structure in that.

Anyone an idea / tip / link / anything?

Thanks,

Jay

I have Mike's and Steve's books. Excellent material. Practically impossible not to improve.

One point though...make sure you have established the correct fundamentals of the draw, trigger pul, grip etc...cuz i found chasing a par time with incorrect fundamentals will lack the results you want

I have to agree with Carpenter. I heard this a while ago.

Practice doesn't make perfect.

Practice makes permanent.

Perfect Practice makes perfect.

Remember this everytime you decide to train.

Don't get lazy and cut corners, you are only going to screw yourself.

Well, I´m looking for the perfect practice, that´s why I started this fred.

I know, that the wrong training makes you learn faults (know that from precision shooting).

I´m having a book from Steve Anderson here anywhere, but it is another one that you recommended.

Should I go for Mike Seelander´s book next?

Mike has a great book. I am a firm believer in dry firing though so I would go with Steve or Ben's books first. If you are going all out Ben Stoeger just released a new book of live fire drills last week. He just got second place at the USPSA Production Nats. if that says anything. You can't go wrong with either. Good luck with your program.

Ben's new live fire book is the best there is, in my opinion. It won't give you a plan (he even says so in the book), but it gives you every drill you could ever need. Identify your weaknesses, go to the appropriate section of Ben's book, and practice away. You'll need a timer, three target stands (for most of the drills in the book), and targets.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...