Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Special Classifier Match - Palmetto Gun Club, Ridgeville SC

Yes. The match will be on January 4th. Approximate round count will be 100. New shooter briefing at the range at 09:00am. Due to unforeseen circumstances registration will be at 09:30 at the range (no pre-registration). Match begins at 10:00. Due to additional fees for a classifier match, there will be no awards for category winners.

Lee King

Executive Committee - Member at Large

Acting Match Director - USPSA

Palmetto Gun Club

What is the cost to register for this match? Just need to know how much cash to bring.

I've shot IDPA for the last two years and more recently steel challenge.

Having never shot USPSA would it be foolish to make this all classifier my first match ?

Nope, come on out and shoot. I don't know which classifiers we'll shoot but most of them are stand and shoot kind of like steel challenge. It's quite possible there will be strong hand only and weak hand only shooting as well. I don't know if you have any of that in IDPA or not but it's something to be aware of. You'll find the range commands for USPSA are very similar to steel challenge so it should be an easy transition for you. There will also be a new shooter meeting before the match and I'm sure everything will be explained in detail during that meeting. You can browse through the classifiers at this link: http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-classifier-list.php There's a PDF document of all current classifiers. You may want to browse through it to get some idea of what we'll be shooting on Saturday.

I've shot IDPA for the last two years and more recently steel challenge.

Having never shot USPSA would it be foolish to make this all classifier my first match ?

Join USPSA and shoot this match and you will be classified in a very short amount of time. Then you would not have to wait months by accruing one classifier per match to get classified. This would not be foolish, but very smart. Come on out and play.

As was previously stated, there is absolutely nothing wrong with making a classifier match your first USPSA match. If anything, the slower pace of it may be the best thing for a new shooter.

Thanks Lee and everyone who made today's match possible.

I was glad to be able to make everyone in my squad feel really good about their shooting.

If I could practice more than just shooting a match I wouldn't be dead last.

It was a fun day in spite of the brisk temperature.

Looking forward to the next one.